CCJ. Acknowledged. 28 days to file defence. Judgement made after 25. Any help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was served on 19th June. Acknowledged using MCOL on 24th June (have proof, its online, and now screen printed)

mcolack2.jpg

However whilst preparing defence Judgement for Claimant papers arrived on 16th July dated 14th July. I was only given 25 days and the court then made judgement.

Surely this is worng.

Phoned court and was told it was possibly an error and what to do, see my thread, at the end -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/205822-county-court-claim-papers.html

Does anyone have any thoughts before i submit a request to set aside ?

thanks

£35 for a £2.50 process is the same as someone charging £2.80 for a can of coke. Would YOU pay it ? They have lied, cheated and bullied us for too long. Join the action group, stand up and FIGHT.;)

CPR 15.4 clearly gives 28 days after service of the claim form

[url=http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/contents/parts/part15.htm#IDA4LE5B][/url]

http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/procrules_fin/contents/parts/part15.htm

I'd apply to set the judgment aside on the basis that it was entered irregularly...

Edited by I've got no money

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

• 3 weeks later...

emailed the court, twice and no reply. how long do i have to object and what should i do now ? i think i need a n244 form, is this correct

thx in advance

£35 for a £2.50 process is the same as someone charging £2.80 for a can of coke. Would YOU pay it ? They have lied, cheated and bullied us for too long. Join the action group, stand up and FIGHT.;)

emailed the court, twice and no reply. how long do i have to object and what should i do now ? i think i need a n244 form, is this correct

thx in advance

Ring the court and ask them to use their management powers to correct it

thx tinkerbell,

I phoned court and was told to get my defence in as soon as possible as it was going to a district judge in the next 6 weeks or so, nice of them to let me know and they should have had to courtesy to reply as much to my emails but hey ho.

I have not received any reply to my 'no'trace' letter and thus so far nationwide have failed in their duties under the data prot to send me my info. They have now had 40 days since my original request for my information. How i can be expected to make a defence when i dont know what i am defending.

Do i just ask the court for more time for nationwide to comply with my request ? Do I send them copies of the letters i sent ? Thanks