• Tweets

• hi all.   In April 2019 I posted about owing 2.3k to PayPal, who sold my debt to Wescot.   Since then there has been a long war of words, mostly thin assertions that 'PayPal has advised us that...', and signatures from staff at PayPal that are supposed to prove that I owe the debt.   I've recently moved house, and am considering my options with the case going forward; I had initially intended to cut them off after the last year with no definitive proof, saying in my last letter that I trusted the matter was closed, providing no forward address.    However, after doing some more research recently I'm slightly concerned about what might happen if I dont keep them at arms distance with letter disputes, and that they may sue me and add the court bills through a CCJ (County Court judgement.) What is the liklihood of this or them finding my new address?    I'm also slightly concerned how my letting agency may react if against odds Wescot send bailiffs to my previous address, as this was with the same letting agency I use with my current house, and also where they will likely continue to send letters.   Advice?   Thanks. -b
    • They automatically sent me a few refunds from charges but I believe they weren’t this account it was another overdraft current account I had with them.   There is a letter in the SAR for the other account number about a cheque refund   I never contacted them
    • You indicated earlier you have already successful ly reclaim ed charges? DXx
    • So that amounts to about £700 at the current date today (with the formula back in)   Do I contact HBOS about these? I looked in the debt collection library but couldn’t see an overdraft letter.   Or is it a case of leaving it
    • If a bailiff does turn up, do not let him in he might try to "persuade" aka bully you into paying the debt as he might try to claim he can force entry, can only do that for a Criminal Fine.   Tell him/her, that named debtor does not live there hasn't for last 12 months, he took his property with him, so nothing is his.  Offer to show a Council tax bill showing you as sole liable person.   Other option is to get a Statutory Declaration sworn at a Solicitors that all property in the house is yours and named debtor is not a resident, and get a couple of Notorised copies, and hand one to a bailiff if they call.  Other thing is if you have a car, they might go after that,  so showing V5 and insurance in your sole name helps with that one.   Above all don't worry, also film them with a mobile to capture any threats.   Unclebulgaria is correct that they shouldn't call if they have a current address, might be worth telling them where he is if they did call on you.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Sign in to follow this  
ukaviator

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Buy Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 from Amazon for £12.48:

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, 1-Desktop, 1 year Subscription (PC): Amazon.co.uk: Software

When fully installed, update by download from here:

Product Updates and Documentation: Kaspersky Internet Security

This is the latest 2010 version, works fine and gives you a saving of over £20.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Sign in to follow this