Letter from Lowells ,taken over Halifax Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,have just received these letters this morning, had forgotten about this old account.

I dont think i have actually paid anything to Halifax,since 2003/2004 cant exactly be sure.

Have just sent CCA to Lowells anyway,thanks.Steve

HALIFAX_0001.pdf

LOWELLS_0001.pdf

Edited by littlefatbudha

Hi, just a follow on to the previous letters,does this mean if i CCA Lowells,they should have all the information as they have purchased the debt,otherwise,how would they now the debt is legal.Am i correct in saying this, and if i do CCA them, they cant say that they are asking Original Client for them ?

Considering they would have only paid around 10% of the face value of these debts it doesn't take Einstein to work out if they managed to collect 60/70% of the money allegedly owed what profit they are making. :-o

I did actually read? Or hear? that some DCA's pay as little as 16 pence in the pound for debts that they buy!:eek:!

Or did I dream that?:confused:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Why doesnt the actual creditor take people to court instead of selling the debt on to other parties,all the banks say there broke,well if they did not sell bad debts for silly money,then they would not be at such a State.

Or is it they know these debts are not enforceable,so they sell on to people who think they can bully it out of people,

Thanks to this forum and the great enjoyment of word of mouth ,these bullys seem to be struggling.

Someone posted the paperwork showing that they actually paid 6p in the pound for one portfolio with a value of several millions,

:eek::eek::eek:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If the original creditor claims tax relief on the debt,then i take it the debt can never return to the OC as they have already claimed for the loss,and if they did would this be fraud

Who knows what goes on in the murky world of banks and finance:cool:

But yes I would assume your correct, unless they bought it back?

But don't forget a lot of these companies/banks etc use their own in house DCA's first, pretending to have bought it, or are acting on behalf of their clients:lol:

They can still buy it back, but they wouldn't have a reason to. What normally happens is that a DCA will buy a portfolio, cherry pick from it then eventually sell the remains to another debt collector who'll do the same until eventually it passes down the DCA food-chain until it ends up on the desk of some bottom feeder in Kilmarnock. :rolleyes:

Hi there,have just received these letters this morning, had forgotten about this old account.

I dont think i have actually paid anything to Halifax,since 2003/2004 cant exactly be sure.

Have just sent CCA to Lowells anyway,thanks.Steve

It would be important to find out when you last made a payment and also when the DN was palced on your file.

Deed of assignment was requested as evidence on this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/178042-robinson-way-court-claim-5.html#post2291868

9p in the pound

A damn good read! And a blooming eye opener! :eek:

What can you be suggesting cerberusalert! Surely not that she had money tied up in the Bank, or invested in a DCA?

Me?...no, I just wondered what she kept her judge's vestments in...it must have been a typo. Just as I wondered what cases she specialized in when a Barrister & the type of casework undertaken by her Chambers? No doubt it'll be in the public domain somewhere. ;)