Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Ok thanks guys for all the help & advice I think I will go the DRO option but will open a new bank account somewhere else first etc.  The only other things im little worried about is reading on the DRO it says about I wont be able to apply for credit but what about things like my car insurance as thats classed as credit paying it monthly Plus they say i must not have assets or car worth over £1,000 so what about things like my car worth around 2.5k and as said before when my father passed away he left me his camper that I cant part with its worth about 4k and what about things in house and jewellery etc ?? Can they come to house and check and so on
    • threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Salon gone bust - £70 still with them...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi there,


Not sure if this is in the right place, but I'm wondering if you lovely people can give me some advice yet again.


Eclipse Tanning in Brentwood I've just found out have gone bust. Shame, as there were a few awesome people that worked there, but I actually had a 100 minute course that I'd just bought for £70 with them. Is there any way of getting this back? I only went there 2 weeks ago and they'd just redecorated etc.


Any ideas on what to do?


Thanks so much

Edited by lauricha

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised no-one has answered yet. I'm sure the legal eagles will be along to correct me, but.


Generally you become an unsecured creditor of the company. The company owes a lot of money to a lot of people, and they are paid out of the assets of the company in a defined order. Unfortunately frequently normal people are near the end of the queue, and the money may run out a long time before they get to you. You'd need to contact the administrators, after finding out who they are of course, and fill in the appropriate forms, and wait. Potentially a long time.


If you bought the course quite recently, and the company knew that it was insolvent at the time they sold you the course, then there might be something else that can be done. See this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trading_while_insolvent_(UK) and particularly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_trading


There might be other factors of this case that need to be considered, or other laws that apply.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks AT for your advice.


Any ideas on how to find out who the administrators are? I know it's not a lot of money, however the thing is I was a very loyal customer of theirs, despite them being expensive compared to other salons in the area. I would have felt a letter or something informing me about the decision to close would have been fair. Even a notice on the front door would have been helpful.


The only way I found out was by calling another salon who told me that the woman who owns it has up and left, and there's no chance of getting any money back if it was in a pre-paid course. I also saw a for sale sign above the salon today, which is why I decided to find out for sure.


Annoying really. You can really see how the credit crunch bites.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say that the salon has gone bust, it might not be in receivership if the owner has just up and left. I can't give you anything resembling help in that situation, as I don't know how the law works in this situation. If the company was still trading, then you could sue them if they didn't give you the service you paid for.


But if an individual has just informally wound up a company and scarpered, I dunno. You can try to contact you rlocal CAB for further advice, and some lawyers will give you a free first consultation.


For individuals, you can search here to see if they have declared bankrupt: I am owned money by a bankrupt


There's also an email address for enquiries. Might be worth a go.


Did you pay the money using a credit card? And was the total over £100? If so, you may be able to claim the money back from the card company. Even if the company has gone bust. Even if the amount is less than £100, or if you used a VISA debit card, you might still be able to ask the card company if they will refund you.


I'm getting concerned about posting too much in this thread. I'm out of my legal depth. Nothing here is guaranteed.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

No problems, I called Barclays and asked where I stand and they said they can issue a chargeback for the amount paid. So we'll see where that goes. Apparently they're sending out a form for me to sign then if all's well I should recieve the refund in a few days.


Thanks for your help AT!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, the advantage of making larger purchases with a credit card. This looks more promising. Here's hoping for a simple chargeback.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting to hear from Barclays about this. Let's hope it works


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...