You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Azuma

How Do They Know??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hey guys,

i've got a probably simple question to be answered, i've recently moved into a new house, literally 4 days ago, i have not even had time to call companies like coucil tax, gas, electric etc to tell them the change of house, i've only called my bank HSBC.

now, somehow Lowell's have managed to find where i live in that short space of time, how the hell do they do it? it makes me a little concerned about the security of my details. if they can find me, anyone can haha - not that i have anything to run from, but still, confusing how they know my new address and my own parents don't yet lol, before you ask, there was no redirect addy on my previous house. any ideas??!?!?

it could be hsbc updated CRF or they passed to it lowell's

Never underestimate the power of the system when it comes to things like this.:cool:

I suspect that once you got in touch with HSBC - it set off sirens in the Lowell threat centre.

yeah, however guys, the debt in question from lowells is nothing to do with HSBC, it was with Barclays, surely HSBC would not pass my info onto another bank or a DCA working "on behalf of lol" Barclays? i'll kick some ass at HSBC is this is the case.

Like i say..do not underestimate the power of the system in general when it comes to things like this.

damn, crazy stuff... so if HSBC had passed my information on, surely they would be breaching data protection? i didn't think banks share information with eachother? hmmm, might have to phone HSBC and make sure they have not leaked my info to anyone...

Maybe lowell are employing a psychic :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

haha, i just can't get my head around it is all... perhaps you're right BabyBear.

hsbc probably updated your credit record with your new address I would think?

I'd ask my bank if they have given the info as it does seem rather odd :confused:

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Things must be getting pretty tight for them to move into action so swiftly.

Tell me about it, absolutely crazy, i was amazed at how swift they must have got that info, but from where is what i want to know. gonna phone HSBC now and let you know what they say, should be interesting

If you bought the house they could have got the info from the Land Registry/ Mortgage company.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

yeah, good guess... prob how they got it, little F*kers.. haha, oh well the debt is statute barred anyhow lol, complete waste of their time, i like it when they chase needlessly. :D

Cruel :p

haha, i'd love to meet one of them down the pub, pool cue in the hand seems appropriate somehow :)

so, i've spoken with HSBC, they have told me catogorically NO, they have will not EVER provide details to any third parties, that they would not upload my information. so they must have got it off land registry or something, cheeky as hell... wish these companies would just have a taste of their own medicine, if i was a millionaire, i'd make it my mission to bring DCA's like this down, whatever it took lol... such bad practice needs to be remedied, looking forward to the dispatches report on Monday, i wonder if Lowells will be on there? or Red etc lol

I would make a complaint to the ICO because in my opinion that is pure harrassment, and indeed it would make me feel extremely uneasy and fearful. Probably won't get you anywhere but you may find out how they got to it so quickly. Had you been dealing with Lowells at your previous address, or is this a pure shot in the dark on their behalf.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

i never heard from Lowells at my old address and i was there for about 8 years. so not sure how they got my info... it is a little scary how they got my addy so quick... i'll await to see what they reply in response to the SB letter i sent, although might take a while to recieve due to the bloody postal strikes AGAIN lol thanks for all the advice people, keep up the good work, you all have good Karma coming your way :D

land registry runs months behind. doubt it's them. assuming you've bought the house (rental they won't know) then it would take four days for the tr1 to reach them, let alone for them to process it.