You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• 12+2 working days.   a dca can't hurt you credit file any more anyway.   only the original creditor can issue and register a default, on or before the sale of the debt.   what the dca put in the calendar section is immaterial as only you and them can see it it does not extend the 6yrs period whereby the debt shows on your file and after which the 6th defaulted date's birthday causes the whole file to removed regardless to paid or not, paying or not......makes no odds. it still goes, but might still be owed mind, depending upon the contents of the CCA return.   dx  
    • Hello   I agree with dx100uk.   Send them a CCA request which is a request for them to produce the original agreement that gives rise to the debt.  They have a limited amount of time (I think around fifteen days) to send you the document.   Here are the possible follow-ons from that:   1. They don't respond within 15 days and so you are legally entitled to stop paying until they do send a response. 2. They send a letter saying they have gone back to the original creditor to ask for the document and they need more time.  You (legally) stop paying after fifteen days and don't pay them again until they send proof. (This is the most likely first response as they wont have any of your documentation as they bought your debt as part of 1000 others on a spreadsheet on a CD ROM or USB stick). 3. They send you something that looks like a contract or which might be something else that they want you to think is the contract within the time frame.   After either of the above  whatever they send you should be referred back here for an assessment as they will often send you unsigned documents or made up bits of nonsense.  Even if the contract turns out to be the genuine one it still might not be enforceable due to errors made by the creditor at the time of signing.   The only potential downside to the above is that they could try to damage your credit record but probably it is as much damaged as it can be by this debt already so nothing else they can do will make it worse.   Following on from the above you can continue to not pay them.  I would setup an on-line savings account and pay yourself the money instead which has the advantage of creating a resource in case you need to resume payments in the future.   They may send you further letters either inducing you to resume payments by threat or by offering you a deal.  If the document is not valid then the only deal you need to take is the one you unilaterally entered into at T plus 15 days when you agreed with yourself not to pay them another penny.   It is not impossible that they will send you a letter saying the debt is unenforceable (miraculously I have actually seen one!) and asking you to pay anyway which you will of course ignore as you should not be giving any member of this low life industry any encouragement.  
    • I agree and I've no doubt that will happen in the future, but if a court claim is issued and a ccj successfully registered against the debtor then it will never be sb anyway, so are we more likely to see more court claims in the future ?      Can it not work both way though, if the sb date is ultimately aligned to the date of the default notice, essentially giving the creditor 6 years to collect or issue a court claim then regardless of when the debt was last acknowledged / payment made, a debtor could just tell the creditor to eff off after the 6 years is up, figuratively speaking     
    • Received acknowledgement of defence submission from court. VCS now have the option of continuing their claim or not. Watch this space !!!!
    • Yes it doesn't work HB  In Wales someone needed a test on a Sunday, the testing station at Llandudno Hospital was closed, so they could either go to Manchester, 75 miles, or Cardiff 200 miles and a 10 hour round trip.   But as Manchester is England no guarantee on getting test results.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Morning everyone, does anyone have bank details for Quickquid.

Need to set up a payment plan with them but they are not answering my email and I refuse to telephone them.

The only way I can make payment to them is pay directly into their bank account, no details though.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Bub1

Good morning, hope all is well with you.

Very sorry, this is definitely one that I do not have (in the minority!) :eek:

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Hi Bub

As they are American, it will be difficult to pay in to their bank. They suggested paying by paypal to me at one stage.

In time they will pass to 1st credit, at this stage requesting a CCA will buy you a couple of months grace and if they get an agreement (not got mine after two months!) you will be able to set up a payment plan.

QQ themselves are quite helpful if you can clear balance over 3 months. Interestingly before they passed my account to 1st credit they offer me a 50% settlement figure.

I would be tempted to play the waiting game.

Morning everyone, does anyone have bank details for Quickquid.

Need to set up a payment plan with them but they are not answering my email and I refuse to telephone them.

The only way I can make payment to them is pay directly into their bank account, no details though.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Bub1

I wouldn't recommend just tranferring money into their account without either a prevously agreed payment plan or agreeable reference.

I'd imagine they would have a UK based holding account to accept Debit Card Payments etc too.

They will happily accept debit cards, I wouldn't trust them with mine though! You only have to read some of MJC threads to see what they can get up to with them.

And still trying their luck now! Made my own mess but can say I am expert at how low they will stoop as a result!

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Hi, I have no intention of giving them my debit card details. The only one they have is a cancelled debit card number which I paid them from in the past. What is 1st credit like. Also, do not have paypal so they wont get a payment from me from there.

I cannot pay over 3 months at present. So I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

These are the only people I am having trouble with. The other one is fine.

Bub1

Good morning, hope all is well with you.

Very sorry, this is definitely one that I do not have (in the minority!) :eek:

I am fine thank you and you?

Bub

1st credit are a pain in the a***. However at least you deal with someone in the UK and they will no doubt agree a monthly payment plan with you.

as you are keen to pay this off I doubt you will have a problem with them. I would still CCA them though! Who knows if they will be able to get copy of CCA.

Do I wait for 1st credit to get in touch then ask for CCA also what will the cost be of this please. (sorry if I sound dumb, not on most things).

Bub1

I would wait for them to contact you. CCA request will cost you £1 postal order. Suitable letter can be found in template library.

Only pay what you owe and challenge any charges etc.

QuickQuid gave my debt to Mackenzie Hall? Or is this actually the same person

Hi Abby

No these are a different firm of low life DCA's. I have had no dealings with them but the same rules about CCA etc still apply. Like 1st credit they have a rather poor reputation.

I would wait for them to contact you. CCA request will cost you £1 postal order. Suitable letter can be found in template library.

Only pay what you owe and challenge any charges etc.

Thank you. I will wait for them to get in touch then ask for CCA.

Bub1

Decided not to wait for them to get in touch. Seeing as they have been rude to me in the past, I have now emailed all their other companies in the US. I am also in the process of tracking down the CEO and when I do get hold of him, give him an ear bashing.

I must say that going to the top with one of the other companies I had problems with certainly worked, so I am trying it with this one.

I even had one of their employees laugh at me down the phone not so long ago when I told them I was ill with an illness that wont get better but can be controlled. I think that is just cause to complain. I did email Quickquid when this happened and all I got back was call our collections dept, no way!

Bub1

they have a uk address

QuickQuid

Communications House

26 York Street

London

W1U6PZ

they have a uk address

QuickQuid

Communications House

26 York Street

London

W1U6PZ

Thank you. I will write to them. In the meantime I will still try their CEO.

Funny enough have had email from them this morning saying my account is in default and they wont accept a payment plan.

Bub1

QQ have been in touch they want £249 over 3 months which I cant do. I have wrote and told them this, I also told them that I have been in touch with CCCS and will be sending them a letter with an offer of payment and will still be contacting their CEO. As yet they have not replied.

Bub1

Hi Bub

Keep at em!!

I doubt they have even of heard of CCCS. When I had issues with them they said that my debt to them would be reported to my local paper. Made me laugh though. They have no idea how the system works in the UK.

I suspect you will have to await your DCA contact.

I will send them the letter CCCS said send by recorded delivery to london office, with what the CCCS said pay which was a token payment and see what happens from there.

QQ said they have noted my situation but will continue to try and take the money (some hope) until payment arrangements is reached.

I replied that i will charge them and deduct from their money every time they try and take money and I am charged for it. I also said that I will not get into any more emails tit for tat with them as they have been notified of the situation etc., and that i will be writing to the London office etc.,

I havent had reply back.

Bub1

I communicated with them byemail, each time in a different language. They didnt like that.

I have managed to track down QQ collections office address in Sheffieild.

So mypayment will be going there.

If anyone wants it message me or if allowed will post on here.

Bub1

When sending letter from CCCS that they told me to copy should I include a financial statement like CCCS said to as they will then see there is not enough money to pay what they want?

Bub1

Hi there

Do you know whether QQ will be able to withdraw funds on my account if I have cancelled my direct debit yesterday? The payment is due tomorrow and I don't want them to take it before my rent has gone out as that will leave me in a right pickle. They don't have my debit card details so should it be okay? I will contact them and try and arrange a payment plan to get rid of the amount!

thanks

Hi, I cancelled my DD and they wrote to me asking for new DD details, I didnt give them any.

Just keep an eye on the card. Not sure on that as any card number they had on mine is not now in force and the only details they have are a new account which is empty.

Just keep checking your account for anything.

I do have QQ collections office details in sheffield if you need them.

Bub1