You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gyzmo

Housing Authority REALLY p*****g me off

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've had a letter from the housing authority regarding the garden.

Property is a masionette with our (small) garden to the front and downstairs garden to the rear.

The letter is saying that unless rubbish is removed and the garden tidied, I will be fined and charged for labour for someone else to do it.

I have complained before about this, but the enforcement officer just ignores me.

The issue is that the rubbish referred to was left there by contractors of the housing authority during refurbishment, as well as some by the previous tenant and the new ones. I have emailed three times now to ask for it to be removed, but have been ignored. I don't see it as being my responsibility.

As regards to the garden being overgrown, the grass is a bit long, and the hedge has been trimmed on the sides but not the top (because people keep throwing rubbish into the garden and I want some privacy). There is also a lot of overgrowing hedges and trees from next door's property (also the same housing authority).

And as for the back garden, well, that hasn't been stepped in by new neighbours since February and looks like a jungle, yet I don't see them being harrassed over it.

Is there a big heavy piece of legislation or case law I can throw at them? On top of everything else this is seriously making me ill.

Sorry, ranting now, but what really p***es me off is that I keep getting told to look after the garden yet I cant do anything with it.

I've been told I cant put a shed up or even a washing line as it will invade the privacy of the tenants downstairs whose living room is right on top of the garden.

Yet the back garden, which is for the use of downstairs, has not been used once. When I asked about using it, I was told no - nor could I even go into it because the path goes past a window in the property downstairs and it would be invading their privacy.

It seems to be all take and no give.

If I cant use the garden, and even sitting in it means I'm practically out side of downstairs windows with the kid screaming so I get no privacy whatsoever.

Why the hell should I look after the garden if I cant get to use it?

im here providing moral support gyzmo, least until my tamiflu arrives

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Called the housing yesterday and let rip. Eventually some "senior" person called to say they would inspect the rubbish and take it from there. They then confirmed the blindingly obvious that they would pay for the removal of the rubbish as it was theirs.

I'm putting in another complaint about this officer because it seems that he is either not doing his job properly or picking on us. I've told the housing that I will not have any further dealings with him because of his attitude.

I hope you get it sorted gyzmo!! It really p****s me off when people chuck rubbish in our front yard too - sopmeone even let their dog poo on our front doorstep the other day - if i'd have caught them at it, I'd have scraped it up and thrown it at them >:(

I would find out who your tenant rep for the area is, your local councillor, and the chairman of the Housing Committee (whatever they call it, they will have something like that) because not only have you been failed in your neighbour nuisance problem, now this has happened. This is all too much. What are they running on your estate?!

Put in an official complaint. And if you cannot get on with your HO then it is your right to request someone esle deals with you - hence why us HO's have to try not to upset you whatever we have to discuss with you! At least you haven't had to hear then having sex! (I hope) Try talking to tenants about that one when there's been a complaint.

I think you now need to start kicking backsides at the HA and force them to sit up and listen - official complaint time.

I hope you get to enjoy your tenancy sometime during this decade!

At least you haven't had to hear then having sex! (I hope)

Yep, I can here them doing it as with everything else.

Farting, peeing, puking (there is a lot of that. I won't go into the detail of the wretching).

I don't know what set up the HA have. They seem to have different officers for different things, hence it is impossible for them to understand that one thing links in with another.

I know from the Audit Commission that my HA has scored pretty low in a lot of areas, and now I know why.

Another thing that annoys me is that they go on so much about how the neighbourhood looks, but don't seem to give a damn about anything else.

We get some crappy glossy magazine each month that seems to be nothing more than advertising for the HA on how wonderful they think they are, they have "awards" (game consoles, TVs, Vouchers etc) for tenants who pay rent on time and don't break tenancy agreements and even once sent every household a packet of sunflower seeds to plant in "your front room".

I'm expecting the HA's sunflower enforcement gestapo to come round soon asking why I don't have a sunflower growing. I'll happily tell them it's still in the packet, which will soon be sent back to them, along with a load of very fresh "compost" and a letter telling to stop wasting tax payers money on stupid bloody schemes and concentrate on running a decent neighbourhood instead.

Gyzmo, every flat I've lived in (and always been on the ground floor until now) I've been able to hear them having a wee as well! Horrible. Now I'm upstairs, I wonder if they can hear me! I suppose this is a bit vulgar but early one Sunday morning I actually heard my female neighbour say to whoever she had in bed with her "you dirty bleeder I've just cleaned my teeth!" At that point I got up and took the dog out - I didn;t want to hear anymore!

Seriously, this is no fun for you despite your quite jolly posts. I do hope you can get this sorted out.

I do