You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Just by way of an update, I am now being targeted on Twitter.   Today, two profiles have been set up and followed me, both were "here to call out Sue's sh*t".  Both have now been blocked.   I have clearly hit a raw nerve somehwhere 🤨
    • The OP could call Express to see if they will withdraw the claim if she restarts her claim and just pay the court issue fee.    Then everyone is a winner! 
    • Hi Stormy   I do wish you good luck but I'd urge you not to get over-optimistic about a letter from your GP having any bearing on the outcome of this.  I do not share London1971's view that such a letter will assist you in defending the claim against you - unless you are suggesting that the diagnosis is so bad that you aren't functioning - in which case you probably ought not to be working.  Is your GP going to say that you can't be held liable for a breach of contract, but that you're perfectly OK to continue working and to make significant decisions in other areas of your life?  I don't know.   Also, I'm uncertain where the question of bullying and harassment first surfaced in this thread.  You engaged them on a NWNF basis to pursue a claim for you.  Apparently they contacted (or attempted to contact) you a lot - certainly more than you felt necessary or were comfortable with, and you ended up deciding to discontinue the case.  But were they harassing you?  Again, I simply don't know because I wasn't there - only you were.  Most people complain that they don't have enough contact from their solicitors, not that they are being harassed by being contacted too often.  [EDIT:  I also think most people would associate "harassment" with behaviour that is in some way harmful or damaging to the recipient, and not with a situation where the alleged harasser is trying to act in the other person's interest and to their benefit].    And I'm not sure where the bullying comes from?  They're suing you because they think you are in breach of contract and that you owe them the costs and expenses they've already incurred - and that they cannot now recover from the other party because you decided to discontinue the case.  I'm no particular supporter of law firms but, unlike some people, I don't have "anti-lawyer" as a default setting.  If they've genuinely incurred costs acting on your behalf and in your interests, then I think they've got a more than fair case to recover those costs.  Threatening to sue you or actually suing you isn't necessarily bullying.   I honestly think your best chance of success is questioning the level and extent of costs and expenses they claim to have incurred and try to reach a mutually acceptable settlement.   As I've said before, I'm not intending to be critical of you in any way and I'm really sorry that all this (the original accident, hassle with the lawyers and now them suing you) seems to have contributed to all the stress you have to bear.  I'm really just interested in ensuring that you can see this problem from all points of view and that you don't place too much reliance on an approach that I think has only very limited chances of success.  (But of course - as London1971 has pointed out - there's no harm in getting a GP's letter anyway AND preparing a legal defence like BankFodder is suggesting AND preparing to think about settling.  They aren't all mutually exclusive and you should keep as many irons in the fire as you can.  Use belt and braces and don't just rely on one).   Anyway.  Good luck.  I'm frequently wrong and you may win outright!
    • I would go with the following....please feel free to amend or add.   WITNESS STATEMENT OF Baycloves.pdf  
    • I think it would be prudent to stick with a realistic objective and that is the hundred and £69 which you you can apparently support by means of evidence. You originally said that you could have sold them for four times – £400 and I think this is certainly unrealistic. If you had some official evaluation of the books from an independent source then you would have stood a good chance but as the books have gone, I think your fallback is the £169
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
CoochyCoo

Claiming compensation for cancelled Easyjet flight EZY5456

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3995 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all.

I'm just after a bit of advice on my rights after what can only be described as shocking treatment by easyJet.

I was due to fly home to London Gatwick on 13 July from Lisbon after a weekend break. The departure time was at 8pm, so we arrived at the check in queue not long after 6pm. Whilst in the check in queue, our flight was delayed by 45 minutes, showing a new departure time of 20:45.

We checked in, proceeded through security and were called to Gate 25 in preparation to board our plane. We noted at the time that the plane was in the stand at the gate. Then two representatives from easyJet called the first two boarding groups - Speedy Boarding and Special Assistance.

Nothing happened. We all stood in line for the next 10 minutes or so, until a message came over the tannoy to say that our flight would now be departing from Gate 24, swiftly followed by another announcement to say that an easyJet flight to Liverpool would now be departing from Gate 25. All very strange, so both sets of passengers swapped Gates. We could see the Liverpool passengers boarding their plane, and eventually it was pushed back and taxied to the runway. We were still sitting by the Gate.

At 9:30pm, an hour and a half after we were meant to take off, an annoucement came over the tannoy stating that the flight to London Gatwick had been cancelled, and another flight would be scheduled for the following afternoon at 2pm. We were told to pick up our luggage from the belt, and make our way to the Portway (easyJet's ground handling crew) desk to sort out a hotel for the night. We queued up for over an hour to be given a slip of paper called a "Declaration of Cancellation" stating that our flight had been cancelled due to "technical reasons".

We came back to the airport the following day at 12noon, ready for our flight at 2pm. When we arrived at check in the flight had been brought forward to 13:20pm. We again checked in, went through security and were called to Gate 26. Again, nothing happened. An announcement eventually came over the tannoy at 13:30pm saying that the plane was delayed and more information would be broadcast at 2pm. At 2:45pm, an announcement came that the flight would not be taking off until 6:40pm and that refreshments would be served in a nearby cafe.

We eventually departed Lisbon at 19:30pm, 23 and a half hours later than scheduled.

The passengers have decided to group together, and during our delay took photographs of the information boards, noted times and content of tannoy announcements, and videoed discussions with Portway representatives (when they turned up).

Under EU law, we are due two sets of compensation, 400 Euros for the first cancelled flight; and 250 Euros for a delay of longer than 3 hours the following day, totalling 650 Euros.

When we contacted easyJet to try and claim this compensation, they told us that they wouldn't be eligable to pay for anything - they stated that the first flight was not cancelled, just "rescheduled" to the following day - despite us all having Declarations of Cancellation signed and stamped by Portway officials stating the flight had been cancelled. And they weren't eligable for compensation on the second delayed flight, as a plane had to be flown to Lisbon from Milan and that was "outside their control".

When we boarded our flight home, the Captain, Mark Whiteleg, informed the passengers that a decision had been made by easyJet, for whatever reason, to bump us off the original Gatwick flight (that had been in perfect working order) to accommodate the Liverpool flight (which had technical difficulties and was grounded). So, in essence, there was nothing wrong with our original plane. So how can they claim that it was rescheduled through technical issues, when it was clear that we were bumped off and the secondary flight was cancelled?

Has anyone else had problems like this with easyJet? We envisaged that getting any sort of compensation from them was going to be a hard slog, but this is just ridiculous. :(

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

Bump
:)

Did you all swop address, phone number or email addresses with each other, or are you fighting this alone?

Who paid for the hotel - EJ or yourself?

We are proceeding with a very similar problem with Eastjet. Having spoken to the Air Transport Users Council it appears that Easy have just recently started using the phrase "rescheduled" as something of a smokescreen to confuse complainants. According to the relevant EU legislation flights such as these are either delayed or cancelled there is no other option. Rescheduled is not a valid phrase. Similarly there is a good chance that the "technical problems" could cover anything from a serious safety related issue to someone loosing the key to the on board first aid box.

I suggest that you contact the AUC who are really great and will give you the help you need and are able to ask Easy for the exact rerasons for the problems with these flights ie what were the technical problems. By law Easy are required to respond to the AUC.

In contrast I have found the AUC quite useless as they are too overworked, but Easyjet did pay up once I took them to court myself.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

The AUC are indeed overworked but that does not make them rubbish. However, the AUC are the only people who can actually find out just what happened to flights that didn't take off. Easy are not obliged to give you any reasons what so ever. They must though respond to the AUC.

OK so the AUC may take 6 weeks to deal with the matter but they will then have the evidence that you need to take Easy to court. Besides AUC are free and they are actually on your side.

Zamzara please tell us a little more about what happened in your case as this may help the OP. Did they settle before the court case or did you actually get a court ruling?

The story is here. They settled without a hearing.

Since then I have asked the CAA, via the AUC, to prosecute them for failure to comply with the law (as non-payment to the other passengers is a criminal offence.) The AUC are taking months to reply to my letters and are failing to understand any of the points I am making. The don't seem to understand that Easyjet have already paid me, and declined to defend my claim, and that what I now want is for them to be prosecuted or the other passengers to be paid.

The AUC have also said as long as the second flight had the same number then it could not have been a cancellation at all, which is an incredibly airline-friendly interpretation and was debunked in a court case I found against another airline. If airlines could get away with that they could say any flight was merely delayed provided they got you home eventually.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Zamzara

Many thanks for the above info. which will certainly be of use to both myself and the OP.

In my particular case my flight was "cancelled" once all the passengers were already on the plane. We were transferred by coach from East Midlands to Luton and put in an hotel overnight and flew from Luton the next day. Easy stated that the original flight had not been cancelled mearly rescheduled.

Different flight number, different airport, different day I really don't think they have a leg to stand on. Rescheduled hah.

Sorry if I appear to have hijacked this thread.