You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Belladonna602

Charges for overdraft review!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4011 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My son has been charged £25 Bank charges.

When he asked them why they had done this they said it was because they had 'reviewed' his overdraft and this was the cost.

He never asked them to do this and having done so they have not changed his amount or actually changed anything. They have said this is 'new' for this year.

Can anyone advise if anything can be doen to reimburse these charges??

This is dreadful......If it was me i'd feel like going back to them and say that I am reviewing my bank account/finances at the moment and would like to charge HSBC £30 for doing it. I'd ask for this back or at least a breakdown of exactly what it entails, how often do they expect to do this ? was this done in branch ? I'd start looking at a new account elsewhere if possible.....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

i have had the same for the past few years now. HSBC have said this is a yearly fee when they overlook the overdraft facilities provided to me. nothing has changed in my overdraft so why keep charging me.

Also, i have been living in my overdraft for a few years now due to my jobs and other expenditures which i cannot do without, but my bank (HSBC) keep charging interest and even higher interest for going over my overdraft limit.

Don't they understand that if i had the means to clear my everdraft then i would but being in a job that only pay's minimum wage then it does become difficult to pay my overdraft never mind the extra charges they put onto this :mad:

i have had the same for the past few years now. HSBC have said this is a yearly fee when they overlook the overdraft facilities provided to me. nothing has changed in my overdraft so why keep charging me.

Also, i have been living in my overdraft for a few years now due to my jobs and other expenditures which i cannot do without, but my bank (HSBC) keep charging interest and even higher interest for going over my overdraft limit.

Don't they understand that if i had the means to clear my everdraft then i would but being in a job that only pay's minimum wage then it does become difficult to pay my overdraft never mind the extra charges they put onto this :mad:

Business account? It is different to a personal current account.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Business account? It is different to a personal current account.

Business or personal it still doesn't make it right!

Hi,

My son has been charged £25 Bank charges.

When he asked them why they had done this they said it was because they had 'reviewed' his overdraft and this was the cost.

He never asked them to do this and having done so they have not changed his amount or actually changed anything. They have said this is 'new' for this year.

Can anyone advise if anything can be doen to reimburse these charges??

Hi belladonna , welcome to the forum :)

Unfortunately , I believe this is one of the charges which is not reclaimable - they are allowed to do this once a year I think , and wow! do they make the most of it ........ :eek:

Having said that , if your son is running a tidy account , with no excess overdraft on the account , I would be inclined to ask at the local branch for a refund .... the manager has leeway to make 'goodwill' refunds and he may play ball . Certainly , if no adjustment was made it's a bit rich .......

If they refuse , there's not much your son can do except threaten to take his account elsewhere ....... there's no such thing as banks' loyalty to customers these days , so why shouldn't it work the other way . For £25 they may consider it worth keeping your son sweet ......

Come back if you need more info , belladonna , you'll always get an answer on here ,,,,, and we're a friendly lot .......:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Business or personal it still doesn't make it right!

Question was aimed at another poster since is it absolutely fine on a business account to charge a yearly fee for having the overdraft as it is part of the services for businesses rather than a penalty which in your first post it certainly is.

There is a difference but my question was not aimed at yourself.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

How old is your son?

How old is your son?

Hi,

Thank you for putting me straight lol....................

My son is 27yrs. He did as suggested by another member and he got his money refunded. It was just a surprise for him as he is very particular to keep his account in order and then they did this.

Anyway all worked out in the end.

Glad it worked out for him belladonna - and it helps others who are in the same position to 'brave it out ' and ask for it back ........

Thanks for the update ..........:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Glad to hear it was resolved