Moorcroft Again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have messed up big time with this, and I just need to know the right way to go about complaining and to who.

I sent a CCA request to them for an Argos Card account.

And I got one back (not sure whether its enforceable but at the moment that is irrelevant) complete with my signature.... except that the signature is my married name and when I took out the account it would have been in my maiden name.

Surely this is fraudulent?

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

so how did they get ahold of your new sig then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have written them letters in the past (and didnt know not to sign) so presumably from those, or maybe cheques that I have sent with minimal payments. But that is just guessing.

My their own admission the account was opened 1998, I got married in 2000.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Certainly would follow the previous advice, and if Argos are harassing you for the money inform them the Police are investigating:D

Make sure you complain to the relevant agencies also:

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

Consumer Direct

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Financial Ombudsman Service

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Write directly to the OFT. Moorcroft's licence still hasn't been renewed!

- If a pub landlord was selling beer 6 months after his licence expired or

someone was driving a car 6 months after his licence expired or

someoneone was watching TV 6 months after...

You'll get my drift.

None of the above would be classed as 'Current', would they?

The OFT are on to them. Write to the OFT. ;)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I've written to OFT, and to FOS, had the "its a civil matter" from the police but will try the economic crime unit.

I'm willing to bet that Moorcroft's response will be "ooh silly me, it was an admin error" but if I sent a letter supposedly from them admitting they owed me money with Mrs K Murray's signature photoshopped onto it, you can guarantee I wouldnt get away with it being an "admin error"!

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Dont really understand the Police view that its a "Civil matter", if they have lifted a sig and used it to create a false document to obtain goods, services or monies by deception then its Fraud, and thats a crime ! they can get jail time for this

Do you have a copy of the original agreement(or whatever) with your maiden name and a copy of this one with your married name?

No, but I have SAR'ed Argos now, because I know for a fact that I opened it in 1999, and I have early statements in my maiden name.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

So the crux is,

The original agreement ( or whatever) would have been signed in your maiden name

The one that you have been supplied with has your married name signature?

And presumably you have not signed an agreement when you changed name with Argos?

If I am correct in my assumptions, then Moorcroft have lifted your signature from corresponance or whatever and created a fraudulent agreement.

There can therefore be no question, if this a correct summary, that a Criminal Inditable fraud has occurred and the Police must pursue it as a Crime and so must the CPS

I didnt ever sign an agreement with Argos, in my maiden or married name.

But I took out the card over a year before I was married, so there is absolutely 100% no way I would have used my married signature anyway.

I will be contacting the police again tomorrow as well as my MP.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I'm going to give him a ring tomorrow.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

• 4 weeks later...

Awww bless, had the following letter today with a cheque for £1.00

We write in reference to your recently received letter [where I told them that their agreement is fraudulent as I wasnt married when I took it out, and would be reporting them the relevant authorities, including the police, the FSA, the FOC, and OFT for illegal and unethical practice] and regret to advise that we are unable to comply with your request [of a GENUINE agreement] as we are no longer dealing with this account. For the avoidance of doubt you should resubmit your request to the client.

Please find enclosed a cheque for payment which was submitted with your original request and all further correspondence should be made direct to our client.

Awwwww, doesnt it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Still no luck with the police though.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

wow after reading this thread am wishing id read it before i sent my CCA request and subject access request etc to DLC. If i had i would not have signed the letter i sent them.

Oh well. the signiture i used was one i had scanned into my computer for use with all letters. so ill be having a close look at the CCA and the signiture on it to make sure its not an exact copy of the signiture i used for the letter. So should be easy to tell if it is since my written signiture varies slightly all the time.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

From the response I have had, I would guess they would try it on but as soon as confronted they would back down, because they know its a criminal offence.

They will try their luck to see if they will get away with it, but I dont think any of them are brazen enough to front it out if they were confronted. It wouldnt just mean a slap on the wrist from OFT, but could end up with a prison sentence for fraud.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

True. but there is still other legal options we can take such as civil court. They will not be jailed but atleast victims to such fraud can be rightfully compensated.

also once you have recieved a copy of the CCA from them and they have superimposed a copy of your signature from your written letters to them, or faked your signiture any other way, then that copy of the CCA is evidence of the fraud. so they cant back away from it really. So i would take them straight to court if they do it to me. Infact i think we all should, because then they will think twice about it if hundreds or thousands of people took them to court for fraud.

or we can just wait for them to take us to court as there keen to threaten us with, and then just produce the evidence of the fraud to the court and put in a counter claim aginst them. would love to see the faces of their legal representatives then.

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.