style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago bailiffs (Dukes) came and took my car for an unpaid parking fine. They have since sold it but I recieved a letter today asking for further payment of £330. The outstanding fine was £90 but the bailiffs added about £300 of their charges.

Is there anything I can do to find out a full breakdown of everything that has been charged and how much the car was sold for as I don't understand how I can still owe them money.

Thanks

You need to ask for a breakdown of fee's and charges in writting and send recorded delivery... they can't take and not provide you with no doc's

This is the letter i've drafted. Opinions and assistance welcomed.

To Whom It May Concern:

With regards to the alleged outstanding balance on the aforementioned account, I hereby request a complete breakdown of all activity on this account from the date it was passed to yourselves up to the date of your reply to this letter.

This is inclusive of, but not limited to:

• The amount of the original debt.
  • All charges applied by Dukes Bailiffs or additional 3rd parties.
  • Proof of sale, and proof of the full amount of sale of all seized goods relating to this account.

I require all of the above, in writing by return of post.

Yours faithfully

you also need to give them a time IE within 7 days (and what was the market value of the car this is most important)

I've added the additional info. How's this?

This is inclusive of, but not limited to:

• The amount of the original debt.
  • All charges applied by Dukes Bailiffs or additional 3rd parties.
  • Proof of sale, and proof of the full amount of sale of all seized goods relating to this account.

The list price for the seized vehicle stands at £1240 according to New & Used Cars, UK Car Dealers - Parker's.

I require all of the above in writing.

I look forward to receiving your response with the next 7 days.

Edit: The site has done the HTML bit. I've just put the name of the site in the letter.

in that case case it can be said that the levy was exessive as the OFT reads that a bailiff can only take ten times the debt now i will check but im not sure if that is with or without fees and come back or somebody else my confirm this first

Bailiffs should take all reasonable steps to satisfy themselves that the value of goods seized is proportional to the debt and charges but if they only got £90 for the car this could be questioned im sure

so they sold your car for £60, their having a laugh, I would send them a sar to demand the reciept from the sale and their charges, by sending a sar they have to comply

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

from their website

Parking

You can be confident of an exceptional service because of our considerable experience in acting on behalf of numerous clients to recover monies due under both the Road Traffic Act 1984 and 1991. You’ll receive a consistently high collection rate together with additional ‘free’ services to enhance your revenues

which means they are trying to pass the cost onto you:mad:

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

That sounds about right. They're nothing but legalised theives.

Thankyou everyone for your help. I'll send the letter to Dukes and see what reply I get (if any).