You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

katemcc

confused about income support.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i am a single mum who gets income support, child benefit and child tax credit and i work 8 hours a week.

i had a meeting at my job centre plus last year and was told that if i was to get a job and i worked for less than 16 hours a week i wouldnt loose any of my benefit, infact the guy told me that this would be a good idea so it could help my mum out.

so as he suggested i went out and got a job for 8 hours a week.

so, next meeting i go to i tell the guy that i took his advice and got a job for 8 hours a week at this point i hadnt told DWP about my job because this guy had told me that it wouldnt affect it so there wasnt any point in telling them. anyway, at this meeting, the same guy tells me i should have told them because it will affect my benefits and i will probably have to pay them money back.

straight away i get on the phone to tell them and to explain to the and they tell me that i work 8 hours a week so i have lost half of my benefit. taking it down to 32.50 a week, but not only that but i owe them £112 so now theyve taken it down to £24 to allow me to pay them back.

is this right? should i have lost so much, or even any of my income support if i only work 8 hours a week when im a single mum and in full time education?

any help would be great :)

As income support is work out on what the law says you need to live on per year if you have gone over that threshold you will indeed have to pay it back.

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.