Spectator

Credit card company incompetence

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4040 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Greetings all, I've searched to see if I can find a situation like this but not found anything so far. I won't give all the details as you never know who's reading but basically I entered into an email dialogue with someone from a credit card company usually know by four initials regarding my account. The result was that a reduced figure was offered by them and accepted by me.

I asked for details of how to commence payments and answer came there none.

Today I get a default notice as I have 'failed to keep up payments'. To say that I'm cross would be an understatement!

I fully intend to challenge their action with copies of the emails, is there anything else I should do?

Thanks in advance for any help that is forthcoming.

Can you scan the default notice, remove identifying details and post it up?

It would be wise if you also sent a CCA request to them to check whether the agreement is indeed enforceable; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

What date was it supposed to have been posted?

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As is the way with these things, no postmark or franking date but the letter is dated July 7th.

Let's hope they're not as efficient when it comes to providing an enforceable CCA. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that, I may just have more questions later but appreciate the answers so far.

Anything I can do about their lack of coordination?

If it's that 'merkin' bank I think it is, everything they do is designed to irritate & intimidate. I know of one case where they actually stated because the were not a UK company they didn't have to comply to UK law. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]