Where should I begin?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 outstanding loans (one HSBC one Northern Rock), a Barclaycard, a Virgin credit card, a HSBC credit card and a Capital One card.

I have incurred fees on these in the past but am currently up to date with payments albeit making very slow progress at reducing the outstanding amounts.

I calculated my fees on my Barclaycard last night from my old statements and sent off a request for a refund of £240 fees plus £31.27 interest on these fees today using the calculator and 1st letter template on MSE.

Now I've just started reading about unenforceable CCAs and wondering where this fits in and if I would be eligible.

Since I've already started the fee reclaiming should I wait to hear back from them about this before I request a copy of my CCA? Also I've spent most of my day reading the FAQs and starting out guides but I am a little confused as to whether I should be asking for a SAR or a CCA? It's all becoming gobblygook!

As it stands I will be in debt for a considerable amount of time in the future and would like to explore any options to reduce this.

Moving to Debt Forum.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Since I've already started the fee reclaiming should I wait to hear back from them about this before I request a copy of my CCA?
You can request a CCA at any time & it won't affect your claim http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

Thank you cerberusalert.

I was looking at the template on here to request a CCA but was unsure of what to amend the first paragraph to for credit card agreements. I see the wording has to change to say s78 but does the number in brackets change?

So alongside my reclaiming I can also request the CCAs and don't need to act within a set time span ?

So alongside my reclaiming I can also request the CCAs and don't need to act within a set time span ?

You don't have a time span to keep to no, but they do. They have 12 working days from receipt of your request to provide an enforceable agreement, if they fail to do so you can send the 'In Dispute' letter and legally withold payment until one is provided.

• Haha 1

Thanks Cerber.

I have sent fee reclaim letters to Barclaycard and Virgin this week and have just also sent the CCA requests with the £1 postal orders.

So the wheels are in motion and I will await a response and start sending our letters to the others.