You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4012 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I came out of work yesterday to find a yellow parking ticket on my car, I at first thought it must have been a mistake because I have an annual parking permit. I took it into the council offices the next day to appeal, still thinking that they hadn't noticed my annual parking permit. The lady behind the desk pointed out to me that actually the fine was for 'not parking in a marked bay', I was baffled because I was parked between a line of cars in a marked bay. Anyway I handed in my appeal, still thinking it must be a mistake. A friend later told me that her husband had been fined for parking just over the white lines, I thought back and decided that if I had been parked crookedly, I would have moved my car and parked straight because I'm like that. To my shock today I received a letter saying that my appeal had been rejected because I had parked quote 'straddling two parking bays' - 'no way' I just don't believe it I would have noticed! Anyway I've just been back to the car park and swung in and parked like I would usually then got out of my car to look at how I had parked - the result: my driverside wheels were parallel about a foot inside the white lines, my rear passenger wheel was about 8 inches inside the white lines but my front passenger wheel which you can't see unless you get out of the car and walk round, was on the white line at the front, why? - because the parking bay lines aren't parallel. I'm so miffed about this, do you think there's anything I can do?

Edited by singlemumUK
spelling mistake

Moving thread into the Parking Forum.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Ask for photos.

You say you didn't, they say you did BUT the onus is on them to prove their case, so lets see the evidence, ie photos.

Thank you, I'll try that next.