School problem

natalie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My twins are 5 and in reception class at school, and I have some real concerns with how my daughter is being treated.

I decided to put them in separate classes to give them a bit of independence from each other (especially my son, because my daughter relies on him a lot).

My daughter is very advanced with reading (she started reading at 3 and is now on year 2 reading books) and has a very advanced understanding of social issues (we were regularly getting lectures on a regular basis about Zimbabwe, President Mugabe and what Mollie thinks should be done about him) unfortunately she struggles socially with her peers (my son collects her from her class to play with him and his friends at playtimes) she has very little confidence and often refuses to do thinks because she thinks she will fail.

The school they go to puts a huge emphasis on handwriting, and even at 5 they are expected to do joined up writing.

Mollie hasnt even decided which hand to write with yet, and really struggles with her writing, often writing letters and words backwards. I went in to see the teacher today because this emphasis is knocking her confidence even more... "I cant do it, my writing is rubbish because I dont know which hand to use" etc

The teacher told me that they have now decided to make her use only her right hand.

I'm left handed myself, and as a child was forced by teachers to write with my right hand (convent school) and developed a stammer because of it.

I've told the teacher that under no circumstances are they allowed to make her use her right hand, to let her work it out for herself naturally. But how can I stop them putting so much pressure on her?

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09