You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

A. Rudd

Letting Agent Continuous Fees.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4011 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been letting a property, to the same tenants for the past 4 years.

My letting agency charged me 10% of the annual rent plus VAT, for the first year, and they have been charging me 8% for each of the following years.

This is not a management fee, it is purely for introducing the tenants. The tenants now wish to stay for another year and it is looking like they will be there for many more to come. I feel like I am paying money to my agent for doing nothing, which I am. The only thing they do each year is renew contracts with myself and my tenants. Is this legal? Can I get out of it in any way? I signed the contract in 2005, which does state 8% for subsequent renewals, but have since been advised that my agent’s methods are unethical at best. Could the contract be invalid?

Please help as I am due to pay again by the end of the month.

Many thanks.

Might be invalid under the Unfair Contract Terms Act, however, we would need much more info.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Well, once you have established whether you can get out of the contract, how about having a go yourself? The paperwork is the easy bit! I couldn't believe what some agents charge when i started reading on here! But I suppose at the end of a day they are a business.

Sounds like you have good long term tenants, so really, why waste money on the agent?

I hope you can get out of the contract, good luck.