Fredrickson International

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Heya first I want to say I LOVE this site,you people are so helpful and informed.

Right about 8 months ago my partner was being paid by cheque by his boss and because we didnt want to wait a further four days for the money we took it along to The Money Shop and cashed it in.

A couple of weeks later the firm went bust and The Money Shop informed us that the cheque had bounced.I have looked into it and even though it was not a cheque signed with my partners name (obviously) they say because he had the money its upto him to repay even though it was his boss who signed it.

Anyways it went onto Fredrickson International who ring every damn day requesting the money (240.00) I tell them he is not working which he isnt and they are not priority at the moment as we have rent to pay and three kids to look after.

Anyways can I send them a CCA request and start the 12+2 ball rolling with them and am I right in thinking if they do not produce it they cannot legally keep asking me for money.

Same goes for Welcome Finance missed first payment on the 1st July after having a loan for 18 months never missed a payment and low and behold today we get an agent who is 'just in the area' knocking on the door asking for cash and reduced payments. Can I again send off the CCA template and see if they have them although or local office where we took out the agreement 18 months ago has now closed and moved 300 miles away :):) thanks

you can cca welcome, for the loan agreement

but not the money shop, you gave them a cheque they paid you the money, it is not their fault that your boss went bust, you will have to get the money from him to repay the money shop -

Thanks but no chance of getting the money from ex boss he owes thousands infact he owes us 3500 but his solicitor said dont hold ur breath his employees are not the priority.

If Fredrickson cannot produce the CCA I can go down the 12 route yes?? I begrudge paying this **seholes they are so rude and do not listen to anything you have to say

Now im totally lost,its not The Money Shop chasing him its Fredrickson International who are debt collectors yes so I dont understand. When you join TMS you have to sign an agreement thingy like you do for say credit cards etc.

Anyways I think its wrong he should be chased yes he had the money but his boss owed him it,him having to repay them back just means he worked that week for sod all. They should chase the guy who bounced the cheque,just my humble opinion. :confused:

Now im totally lost,its not The Money Shop chasing him its Fredrickson International who are debt collectors they have been tasked by the money shop yes so I dont understand. When you join TMS you have to sign an agreement thingy like you do for say credit cards etc. if this is the case and I dont know either way then send a cca

Anyways I think its wrong he should be chased yes he had the money but his boss owed him it,him having to repay them back just means he worked that week for sod all. and they gave him the money for sod all, it like you lending me £20 quid which I then give to my mate who disappears who do you want the money off? They should chase the guy who bounced the cheque,just my humble opinion. :confused:

pgh

I still think its wrong. You work damn hard for a week and look forward to being paid,you cash the money you are owed by your boss,you walk away happy you have it,TMS find out it bounces and even though its not your fault it bounced they want YOU to pay them back even though Mr Bloggs who wrote the cheque bounced it in the first place. Me thinks they should chase him its his rubber cheque but anyways thanks for your help

I can see the argument for and against this, and whilst I agree with your points Discod, I agree with PGH's also.

It really is six of one and half a dozen of the other...lets just say that you weren't using TMS to cash the cheques.

Then when the last one bounced, your point of call would have been direct with the boss, as he didn't honour the cheque.

And you would have needed to chase him for the money.

Once you bring a third party into the loop, ie TMS, it is not the name on the cheque they will chase, yes granted how are you meant to know if it will bounce or not, you can't.

But if it bounces it is you they will come after, because technically, you have given them a piece of paper, in return they have given you their money, you have walked out, the cheque has bounced, so they haven't been reimbursed, but you still have their money.

Whatever contract, or agreement you have with the, would have been between 'you' and 'them', not with any of the named person on any of the cheques you were cashing.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!