LouLou V Barclaycard x2

LouLou

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone - been approached by a claims company making guarantee's they can get most of my credit card debts written off within a few months for 10% charge. Up front fee only £150. They seem to be making a big thing about the card companies increaing my limit (due to good payments) without me asking for it or signing a new agreement.

Obviously having already claimed back bank charges with your help I thought I'd do my own investigation first.

So - from what I've read this is my understanding.

* Request copy of my credit agreement (signed etc...) which I know they won't have

* Stop paying my monthly payments as my account is in legal dispute when the deadline for providing this information is passed and they've not coughed up

* Fend off the letters threats and most likely end up in court (offer them a settlement prior to this ?)

Best outcome is they write off the debt? really?

Likely outcome is - I make a final offer to settle the account which they accpet and its closed down.

My Q's are - what happens to my credit rating during and after this process? From what I understand they can't impact my credit file as I've not signed a valid credit agreement, but does this actually stop them? I want to apply for a mortgage in a few years time and don't want to ruin my credit rating.

Has anyone actually gone all the way and won? And in winning what was the outcome of their case?

Also, my barclaycard platinum was originally an Liverpool Victoria card but they sold their credit card book recently to BC. Does this make a difference?

Thanks LouLou

Hi LouLou,

I read recently on Muffintop's thread that the No Win, No Fee deal they were offered was not as free as it seemed. Read from here onwards - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/173594-barclaycardcca-muffintop-10.html#post2271928

The majority of threads in this forum are about users trying to get sight of their Credit Agreements, which BC refuse to send out. Read as much as you can to gain an insight into what's happening with cases.

There are successes, usually when the bank takes the case to court without a valid agreement and they refuse to see the case through. Read more in the Legal Issues forum of the Debt Action Group.

If you haven't yet done do, send BC a CCA request with the £1 fee to get the ball rolling. Write to the Northants address on your statement. Use letter N from here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

In a few cases where BC took over another Co, they have provided agreements. As yours was an LV card, this is worth a shot.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)