You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

DuffNCustard

SCottish Power on the prowl in Luton

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4015 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Got a call from a very plausible young man this afternoon, it took me about 5 minutes to realise he was a salesman for Scottish Power at which point i despatched him with a flea in his ear.

The Pitch:

Showed me his id card - but to get a good read of it I would have had to enter his 'boddy space' as it was on a short chain around his waist. I thought he'd come to read the meter!

Told me that there had been a lot of complaints about excessively high tariffs in my area and that my household was one of those affected and showing in the survey.

He had a clipboard and then started to ask did I know what my tariff rate was and what this was and what thet was.

I asked him who he represented and told him I wasn't in the market for buying from Scottish Power and told him to be on his way.

Be careful!

We had a doorstep call from SP yesterday afternoon as well in Glasgow. The man just said 'you left SP a while ago, is there any reason?' We just said we'd found a cheaper deal and he didn't try any further :)