Global Debt Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I’ve just found this forum and am hoping for some advise. I have just had a call from a rather rude man from Global debt recovery.

In a Nutshell back in 1995 when i was young and foolish I had a TSB credit card which to be fair I always looked after. Anyway due to again my foolish youthfulness I found myself a guest of Her Majesty. (Please don’t judge me on this, I’m now a married hardworking guy and that episode was a long time ago) TSB were informed of my predicament at the time. Once I had gotten past this bad time I had all but forgotten about TSB.

Fast forward 14 years!! And I get a very rude call from Global, telling me that I had CCJ against me in 2000 and I had defaulted (1st I’ve heard) and if I don’t pay the £1500 immediately then the whole weight of Preston County Court and the Bailiffs will be thrown at me. I asked if he could send me copies of anything from TSB and copies of the CCJ. To which he became very anger, telling me this paperwork was irrelevant. And I am committing an offence by “Running away from the money you owe”

He would not allow me to speak at all, when i asked him for his manager’s name he told me he was the manager. I asked for the name of who he reported to but he plainly refused.

I am a home owner and have had several Mortgages and various cards and finance since and have never had a problem getting credit. Which makes me wonder if I actually have a CCJ at all??

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated

First of all relax and take a deep breath and try not to worry.

While there may be a ccj against and technically speaking they never expire the cretins at GDR would have to explain to a judge why they, or anyone else for that matter, have done nothing at all to enforce if for the past nine years. That's their problem and not yours and if they go down that road there will be plenty of advice on here to counter it.

Secondly you simply received a phone call and I expect nothing in writing. Well sorry Global DR you'll have to do better than that if you expect someone to cough up £1500. So if a letter does come winging its way (they used to have an affiliated company called Winged Messenger!) through your letterbox your first response will be to challenge these cretins to prove the debt and ccj actually exists.

Thirdly telling you paperwork is irrelevant is an absolute nonsense and gives you grounds for complaint already.

Hope this helps.

It is simple enough to find out whether you have a CCJ listed against you & you can do it online for £8 CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online

If they acquired it whilst you were in no position to defend you could still apply to have it set aside, but as said above it is so old now they would have to apply to a court to enforce it now anyway.

The reason it hasn't affected your credit status is that it would have dropped off your credit file after six years anyway. (That's if there ever was one)

Is there any way to do it cheaper, as £8 can be a lot of money for some. If it is not on one's credit file could one not phone the court that issued it? presumming you knew.

To be honest i don't know, but I suppose you could if you had enough information.

Rang Preston County Court I told the lady my Situation. She was able to search using my Surname. And guess what??????.....

I can feel the suspense building......

No CCJ's listed against me.

Look like yesterdays phone call was a whole lot a Jackanory. What worries me is that these F*%^%g Parasites will manage to scare people in to paying who dont need to pay at all. If I wasnt at the other end of the Country to Global I would find the offices and wait outside with a big bat.

God help him if he rings again