RMA - Doorstep threat whilst a/c in dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a card informing me some guy would be callng between the hours of 8.00am and 9.00pm.

I have sent the doorstep letter to RMA.

1) Do these companies take any notice of such things as the revoke of licence?

2) How likely are they to turn up?

3) Will the police attend if I call them?

4) Can I forcibly remove them?

5) Are they likely to get violent?

Anyone with any experience with the above either actually or in law etc. Help / advice greatly appreciated.

I dare not tell my wife yet, this will send her over the edge :(:(:(

If anyone came to the house frightening my children, I could see myself getting into hot water:(:(

Received a card informing me some guy would be callng between the hours of 8.00am and 9.00pm.

I have sent the doorstep letter to RMA.

1) Do these companies take any notice of such things as the revoke of licence?

2) How likely are they to turn up?

3) Will the police attend if I call them?

4) Can I forcibly remove them?

5) Are they likely to get violent?

Anyone with any experience with the above either actually or in law etc. Help / advice greatly appreciated.

I dare not tell my wife yet, this will send her over the edge :(:(:(

If anyone came to the house frightening my children, I could see myself getting into hot water:(:(

Hi RtR

Take a read here Post 70 onwards

subscribed.gifBryan Carter and Mint Defence needed asap:lol:

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

RTC,

Please do not panic.

IF they turn up they will usually be very polite and have a quiet chat.

I was one and you must remember that what goes round comes round. I was always polite and treated people with respect as I did not want a smack in the mouth.

There should be no need to call the police etc. I get tired of the Bogey Man syndrome How do you think that they will frighten the children?

GK

EX Bailiff etc and not an apologist for the DCAs

RTC,

Please do not panic.

IF they turn up they will usually be very polite and have a quiet chat.

I was one and you must remember that what goes round comes round. I was always polite and treated people with respect as I did not want a smack in the mouth.

There should be no need to call the police etc. I get tired of the Bogey Man syndrome How do you think that they will frighten the children?

GK

EX Bailiff etc and not an apologist for the DCAs

But I have absolutely no desire to have a quiet chat with a doorstep visitor from a debt collection agency. I have been requesting that we correspond in writing for the past two months, a request that is continually ignored. As has my CCA request being totally ignored for nearly 2 months. Additionally my offer to pay as much as I can possibly afford been totaly ignored.

As for the bogey man syndrome, if it were not to 'put the frighteners' on a debtor why bother with door step visits?

My basic understanding is that I have revoked their licence to pay a doorstep visit and they are trespassing by continuing with the un appointed visit? Any such visits will be reported to every authority I can find that might or might not take an interest.

Our collectors presence is required because debtors have usually begun to ignore letters and/or phone calls, made empty promises or issued invalid cheques.

These are all clear warning signs that a personal visit is going to be the most effective way of getting through to them - its not easy to ignore our debt collectors on the doorstep.

Our trained investigators / negotiators will initially contact debtors by telephone and professionally negotiate settlements or arrange a meeting to open the line of communication to recover your money.

In lots of cases debtors are ignoring letters, faxes, emails and telephone calls. In these situations a visit from one of our collectors is the way forward for recovering your debt.

Debt Collector

If you have been unsuccessful in retrieving your money, it may be time to enlist the help of a professional debt collector. When letters are ignored and cheques bounce, it’s time for a face to face visit from a debt collector. Our agents are very persuasive and your debtors will soon discover that a debt collector is not as easy to ignore as a letter or phone call.

Debt Collectors

The debt collectors at x have many years of experience. Over the years we have encountered every excuse and we know how to get round them. Our debt collectors know which techniques will work on each type of individual. By applying the right amount of pressure and refusing to take no for an answer, our debt collectors will succeed where others have failed.

Debt Recovery

Not all loans go smoothly, and when problems arise, professional debt recovery has proven to be an effective way of regaining lost money with minimal hassle. The presence of one of our debt recovery agents shows debtors that you mean business. This alone is often enough to get the desired result. When other methods of debt recovery have been unsuccessful, give us a call. We get results.

Debt Collection

Our debt collection procedure usually begins with a phone call. Once we make the debtor aware that we are taking over the debt and we explain the consequences of non-payment, they soon begin to take the matter more seriously. If telephone negotiation does not work, we arrange a personal visit.

Taken from the website of a debt collection agency. I think people facing the above have every reason to be worried about these people.