abby1234519

DCA strange reply to CCA Request?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I sent a CCA request to Reliable Collections for VivalaDiva and Simply Be.

As in two different accounts. I've had a reply for ONE of them.

"In relation to your request for a copy of the executed agreement under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, under regulation 3 (2)(b) of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 there is no requirement to provide a photocopy of the agreement bearing your signature, it is sufficient that we supply you with a "True Copy" of the agreement setting out the terms and conditions to which you have have agreed. A "True Copy" of the Credit Agreement sent out to you when the account was opened."

I don't understand? They've sent me a Credit agreement that you send half back to them. They've filled my name and address (the address that was at the time) and obviously my signature is blank and above it says "This is a Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Sign it only if you want to be legally bound by its terms. But I didn't sign it or send it back.

So what next? I have debts with about 7 creditors. I am only challenging one or two because I know I didn't sign a CA I am paying the rest, I know its sort of morally wrong to try to wriggle out of this but as I am going to uni it would make the load easier to bear.

So what should I reply saying?

Sorry I'll need it explaining simply, I'm only a simple lady

a request under Court Civil Procedure rules for the agreement

there should be a letter on that thread

Ahhh I've found the letter!! Printing it and sending it off tomorrow via recorded delivery.

Any idea what they are likely to reply? I mean I know for a fact they do not have a signed agreement from me

ALSO I sent a CCA request to Littlewoods and CCS Collect on 25/06/09. I didn't send it recorded, I wanted to see if they replied anyway, should I wait to see if they do reply or start over and send the letter we've just discussed?

you may well get nothing back at all

happened to me with another idiotic DCA

ALSO I sent a CCA request to Littlewoods and CCS Collect on 25/06/09. I didn't send it recorded, I wanted to see if they replied anyway, should I wait to see if they do reply or start over and send the letter we've just discussed?

if they haven't sent anything back,wait until they start hassling you again

Yes but isn't the idea that if they don't send anything back then the debt is invalid?

No, not invalid just unenforceable through a Court. The debt will always still exist, but most Courts cannot or will not make an order for payment without a correctly completed CCA.

These usually just get sold on to the next DCA and it starts all over again.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.