issues with warranty on used car

kbecksarch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I brought a car in April last year and have made a claim on the warranty. It is 5 months out of warranty and we are still having the same issue.

I have sent a letter to the dealer who has not replyed.

I have pasted the letter so you can see all the problems.

I am writing to you with regard to a C-Max we brought from you 11/4/08 registration *******.

This car was slow when we brought it, but just put this down to swapping to a smaller engine. Over a few months we noticed it started to drink oil and became erratic . In March of this year we informed you of the problems that were affecting our car, and it was brought in to your garage.

Our car was with you for some time and we were informed it was the CAT that had failed. An inspector from the warranty company inspected the car and did not agree with the diagnosis and inturn refused the claim. After several phone calls and another visit from the inspector we were in the same position.

It was then agreed that the work would be done, and *******’s garage would converse with the warranty company. When we picked up the car we were informed that a successful claim was made.

Although the car seemed better the same problems gradually returned. We have since been to Ford (where it remains for now) and have been told that these problems are down to the ECU (£130+ to diagnose). We also now find ourselves with a huge bill to correct this (£1,400 + also locating the oil problem).

We feel that these problems pre-existed as the car is now acting in the same way prior to your garage diagnosis and pre any work carried out.

As you have always treated us openly and fairly I hope you can again help with this prolonged problem.

We have now come to a point where the car is now no longer a pleasure to drive, we have a holiday to Cornwall in August and do not trust the car to get us there.

I would be grateful if you would contact me to discuss.

Please could someone help!!

not sure if i have rights on this

thankyou in advance

:p kbecksarch:p

Sally

Because of the timeline, you are going to have to show that these problems existed at the time of purchase and I don't know how you or anyone is going to be able to show that with certainty.

This man speaks the truth.

The first 6 months of the purchase, the responsibility is with the dealer (reversed burden of proof) but after 6 months, it is your responsibility. I cannot honestly think how you would prove anything 6 months down the line, even with an inspection/report or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...