Making a claim against a online store

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i need to make a claim against a online store

they sent me the wrong item and i sent it back over 2 weeks ago and they have received it but they still will not give me a refund

and they are now ignoring my calls

i think the only way im getting my money back is to file a claim

can anyone help me fill out the particulars of claim or find a template for it?

thanks

Dear Sirs,

On [date] I ordered [item details and cost] from you. However, I received the wrong item [details of item].

I contacted yourselves on [date] to advise you of this, and I returned the item to you on [date] which you have confirmed a being received, however I have yet to receive your refund.

Your are reminded of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, which states at r. 19(4) that a refund must be given "...as soon as possible, and in any event within 30 days...".

Your attention is also drawn to the OFT's guidance on Distance Selling (OFT69 ), which states that the refund must not be dependant upon return of the goods.

I therefore expect you to refund the amount of [total cost you paid including that of return, if applicable] by no later than [30 days from when you notified them they had sent the wrong item or from when posted].

I trust this is an oversight on your part, and look forward to your prompt reply in order to avoid legal action being taken.

Yours etc....

Edited by gyzmo
typos

not sure i want to name them right now

they might stumble upon this thread and know every move i make

they are know to register on forums and make posts like has anyone ordered from this site before

then reply with a new account saying yes they are great etc

:rolleyes::mad:

when this is over will happily name and shame them

I wouldn't worry too much about naming them Sem, if they do look on here it may give them a gentle nudge to fulfil their obligations.

Either way, send gyzmo's letter and see what you get back