welcome finance help please! is it legal?

lawfrodo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My letters to Welcome were delivered last week without a problem - according to the Royal Mail website.

Still had no response from them.

My letter to Citi, on the other hand, is still being 're-directed' a week later.

It was.

The only caveat I would add is that the Royal Mail site mysteriously says it was 'delivered from our Clifton delivery office'. I don't know the geography but isn't Clifton down near Bristol way?

Anyway, someone at Royal Mail was confident enough this was Welcome Finance and someone signed for the letters so that'll do me. For now. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

have received a letter from wf today saying something like, thanks for your sar(i sent cca request), telling me how much to pay for a cca or sar, and that they cannot proceed with the request until they receive a payment(i sent a postal order for £1.00 with the cca request).

what are they doing?

are they going to deny receiving the postal order?

they will do ANYTHING to frustrate a customer or delay a claim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they will do ANYTHING to frustrate a customer or delay a claim.

dx

Apparently due to the high demand for cca/sar...there is a delay at ruddington, in getting them extracted from the archives:lol: file bin more like!! this is according to the employee that i spoke to today...or is this just her way of telling me they havent got the original copy of my agreement that i have demanded to inspect!!

i will be interested to see how many weeks this will take...thats what the wait is...weeks!

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

the rest is correct, i would not hold my breathe about them not adding arrears, though ofcourse that should not happen, but they will dispute any question about the legality of their agreements.

welcome are by far the very worst co. that ever existed.

they have NO regard at all about the way they treat any of their customers.

you are a ripped off cash cow and thats how they view you.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if has def gone past 14 working days then i'd fire off the failure to produce cca/dispute letter, and stop payments.

you dont indicate how much money is at stake here, my thoughs [& mine only] are that the whole agreement is unenforcable and that you might be able to get a normal one not secured on the property. that would be nice.

but safe to say, if welcome abide by the guidlines, then proceedings againthe house should not happen.

god, i really do hate everything about 'welcome![pahh] finance they should be shutdown by the authorities. i sometimes think they are blind to what this co. is doing to the masses of this country.

dx

and they

our loan is for around £10,000, then the ppi etc on top is around £3,000, and the arrears are around £900 according to wf.

so if they cant produce a cca then does that mean that the loan is unenforceable or do we still need to pay the loan as we have acknowledged the debt by paying monthly payments etc?

is claiming for mis sold ppi for secured loans the same as un secured loans? i had a few un secured loans with them and was told i had to take ppi other wise i could not have the loan. could i claim anything or is it there word against mine? the final loan is now paid off but it went on for years because i would get extensions to it ended up paying about 4000 on 1500

is claiming for mis sold ppi for secured loans the same as un secured loans? i had a few un secured loans with them and was told i had to take ppi other wise i could not have the loan. could i claim anything or is it there word against mine? the final loan is now paid off but it went on for years because i would get extensions to it ended up paying about 4000 on 1500

no go for it.

don't forget your own thread on this though!

dx

and they

you only need one sar or CCA per org it is a cover all situation.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

wf had not complied with our cca request so when they phoned on the usual payment day i told them that the account is now in dispute.

then the woman apparently told her branch manager and he phoned a few times(some or all of these calls from the wf woman and wf man saying that he was the branch manager were apparently from a mobile) during which he offered/asked, if he sent someone today to hand deliver the cca then would i make a payment. to which i replied something like that as wf had not complied with our cca request i had used our wages etc to pay other debts etc this month, but that i would check my account balance(actually i had already checked my account balance and knew that we did not have enough money left to pay them this month) and at this point i stopped answering the phone for the day(i had unplugged the phone for 20-30 minutes a little bit earlier to avoid wf calls after speaking to the wf woman).

then, that same evening, someone(we think it was the wf woman) was knocking at our front door, which we did not answer as we thought that wf might knock round. an envelope was posted through our letterbox and we think that the wf woman said something as she walked off. the letters inside the envelope were a letter from wf about us getting our loan etc and what looks like a scan or printout of our cca which has no date on it.

where do we stand now with regards to the account being in dispute etc?

they failed the 14 day rule

no payments!

post a scan up

dx

and they