You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

iiyama66

Buying new car Dealer utter mess, my rights?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Under the scrappage scheme ive ordered a fiat 500.

initially i went for my partner going for finance but then went for a loan, better deal, we informed the salesman of this and to adjust the paperwork.

As per scheme i have handed in all copies of the paperwork required.

Then the problems started!

received paperwork to say car in UK and the reg sorted, however the paperwork was in my partners name. Contacted the dealer who advised us to send paperwork back with corrections, which we did ASAP.

The dealer advised me at this point to use their 7 day free insurance so they can get the car taxed.

I was told the car was in transit and would be with the dealer in 2-3 days.

The 7 day insurance elapsed ans the dealer informed me that they hadn't received the car which was due to Fiat Logistics being slow and awkward.

During one 'chase up' phone call i was told the car was there, then to be told it wasnt!

I contacted Fiat themselves, who were great, they confirmed that the car had been delivered when said they would, 3rd July.

With this i contacted my dealer who initially became angry when i mentioned that somebody wasn't being 'up front about the car' He soon calmed down and conformed the car had been delivered but he didnt know anything about it!!!!

We agreed that the incorrect paperwork had caused the delay, we agreed that he would contact me the next day once he had confirmed with his head office the state of the process of the car. two days later having not heard from him i phoned the dealer and eventually discussed the situation with the manager. He confirmed that 'he felt that the incorrect paperwork had caused the delay'

He then contacted me back to say the car had been approved by the Government, so i had to take in my car insurance to them so they could get the car taxed, which i have.

my question is this,

the service and clear lies that have taken place during this has ruined my purchase of the car and when i go to pay i will seek some form of financial compensation, £500, as i have had to do a lot of the work myself and v v poor service.

However, if they don't budge on price what are my rights in terms of just walking away from the car???

Phew!!

iiyama