Pace Forward, Rockwell, Fenton Cooper! Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone please help me I'm getting desperate and do not know where to turn.

About 3 months ago my partner received a letter from Pace forward claiming he owed money, roughly around £300. He's been in trouble with debt collection before but we cleared all debts, so I thought it strange he had received this letter.

I researched the company on the internet only to find that they seemed to be dodgy and not to contact them via telephone. Upon hearing this information some and the fact that some people say that if ignored they go away thats exactly what my partner decided to do.

After a month or so he was then contacted by rockwell demanding the money. It was at this point we realised that at no point have either of these companies explained what the debt was for nor have they referred to the client of the debt they are collecting this money on behalf of.

He has sent a letter to Rockwell that was recorded delivery and had a £1 postal order included so that Rockwell could tell us what the debt is all about and who the client is. It's a letter I found on this site.

That was a month ago and Rockwell have not replied but instead have forwarded the debt to another one of their companies called Fenton Cooper who are debt collectors!!

I don't know what to do, we have no outstanding debts. I understand that all of these companies are trading names of tessera. I guess we are lucky as the phone line is registered in my name so they do not have the number but we have a young baby and I'm now suffering with anxiety due to these people as I'm terrified every knock on the door is one of their debt collectors. Please please help :(

Mookant

to be honest, i would totally ignore it.

you have just got on a phishing letter list.

not worth worrying about.

there is NOTHING a dca can do to you.

they have NO LEGAL POWERS.

if you keep phoning or sending letters, you are just encouraging them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...