style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A couple of heavies turned up at my bussiness address where I owe rent.

The landlord wouldnt except installments and the bailiffs have taken my car. I have not been taken to court by the landlord.

Couple of questions.

They have left me very little paperword.

The first bit of paper is a removal expenses form. The only things entered are my car details, and the bailiffs name and mobile. No other contact details or costs have been entered.

The second bit was a distress warrant, my details were entered as well as the landlors but none of the bailiffs.

I told them I need my car for work but I was told under the rent act they can take whatever they like as this is a business address. The car goes up for auction tomorrow. Can I stop the car being sold as I need this to earn money.

Mudge

East Sussex.

I belive because it is a commercial premises that the baliff does not have to have a court order.

Whats worrys me is that I have nothing with there name and address and I have no breakdown of costs for taking the car. They have not put any of there details on the removal expenses form, just my car details.

Mudge

East Sussex.

i would call the police asap and report the car as stolen given the fact that you have had no court papers as this would be classed as (taken without owners consent)this is only my opinion but call the police now and get a crime number because if the car is damaged and there is no crime number they will fight it .

good luck

Had a google, lots of companys offering commercial rent collection, all saying no court needed.

Trouble is the car goes up for auction tomorrow. Dont think it will get much cos I wouldnt give them the log book. Don't know if to try and buy the car back or stop the auction. I cant earn money without a car.

Mudge

East Sussex.

Did u see any ID if not PHONE POLICE NOW

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Whether he sent them or not is not the point, the point is if they had no id how do you know they are baliffs.

Im also not sure they can auction the car the following day

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi

A couple of heavies turned up at my bussiness address where I owe rent.

The landlord wouldnt except installments and the bailiffs have taken my car. I have not been taken to court by the landlord.

Couple of questions.

They have left me very little paperword.

The first bit of paper is a removal expenses form. The only things entered are my car details, and the bailiffs name and mobile. No other contact details or costs have been entered.

The second bit was a distress warrant, my details were entered as well as the landlors but none of the bailiffs.

I told them I need my car for work but I was told under the rent act they can take whatever they like as this is a business address. The car goes up for auction tomorrow. Can I stop the car being sold as I need this to earn money.

you say they had a warrant but not without a court order

They had nothing from a court. The landlord had instructed them. They said because it was commercial no need for court.

If I inform the police will it help me get my car back asap?

I could go and buy the car tomorrow, it only likely to fetch a few hundred and im losing money not having a car.

Will the auction house give it back to me if I show the log book ect? The last thing I want is it sitting there for a week while it gets sorted out.

Mudge

East Sussex.

call the police good grief, either there is more to this than you are telling us or you have a phobia about the law

Very blunt but to the point most peaple on hear have been on hear for a long time giving advice i however have had 7 court cases in the last year and as yet lost none police must be the next step.

Im giving the whole story and from what im reading the car was taken illegally or like an idiot I gave it away.

But what do I say to the police, "I gave the keys away"?

Plus will the auction house give me my car back?

My plan at the moment is to go and try and buy it for a few hundred, if it goes for more than that give a typed letter to them saying the car is mine and they have no right to sell it and then report it stolen. Still not sure what to say to the police.

Mudge

East Sussex.

You mearly have to say you gave the keys away to keep the peace and not cause a bigger disturbance.

But on second thoughts I have doubts as to whether they are who they said they are.

They told me they had a warrant and never gave it to me. DId not give me anything when they clamped my car. Did not give me a levy even when they took my car! Told me I have 7 days to pay. Annoying thing was I had sold it on ebay the week before, but they said that as it was probably still registered in my name it didnt make any difference. They are digging themselves a deeper hole!