You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

loobyloo35

Wentworth Direct Finance - Another CON?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4010 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently applied for a loan and have just received a message saying to give them a call back as I had been accepted. Couldnt for the life of me understand his message as he spoke so fast.

So I rang them and this lady answered the phone. Confirm that the X amount I wanted to borrow over X years had been accepted. She gave me the repayment amounts of £163.75 with an APR of 15.2%.

I said are you SURE this has been accepted only I have CCJs and was surprised to hear that I could borrow this money.

She said yes its been accepted blah blah blah so I asked her the name of the company and she said that she couldnt tell me that until I had paid the broker fee of £55.

I said I have been done by this [problem] before (I hadnt) and wasnt willing to pay the £55 she wanted. She said that they would categorically return the money should the loan not go through but she stated that mine had been accepted and would be paid out once the fee had been received by them.

I didnt click until the end of the conversation that it was this lot whom I had heard of in the past before asking me to pay a broker fee of £49!

I guess this is another one of their cons even though she has provided me with all the relevant payment details? I didnt make a payment over the phone as I asked her to post the paperwork so I could pay via cheque - yeah right as if I am going to do that!

CapQuest Stat Demand ~ WON :D

Vanquis Overlimit & Late Payment Charges ~ F&F Settlement received - 2nd June 09

Welcome Finance CCJ ~ Set Aside 22nd May 09 ~ WON :D CCJ SET ASIDE WHOO HOOO!!!!

Capital One Charges & Default Removal ~ ongoing

Why not get a phone recorder and when the paperwork don't appear, give them another ring and get them to repeat the money back guarantee.

Calls are recorded at work so have it here if I need it LOL

CapQuest Stat Demand ~ WON :D

Vanquis Overlimit & Late Payment Charges ~ F&F Settlement received - 2nd June 09

Welcome Finance CCJ ~ Set Aside 22nd May 09 ~ WON :D CCJ SET ASIDE WHOO HOOO!!!!

Capital One Charges & Default Removal ~ ongoing

wentworth is a con

same as yes loan

avoid

avoid

Calls are recorded at work so have it here if I need it LOL

So are you going ahead with the loan at £163.75 with an APR of 15.2% ?

If that is not the offer that comes through, I wonder how they will get out of it.

Wentworth may be a conn ggj, but something tells me they aren't going to con this lady. :)

If Only Most People Were So Astute