• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

can someone check my Egg Loan CCA

seanj70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after a request for my CCA from Egg (via Cap Quest collection agency) i received the following.

there are no detailed clauses as i've seen on some of the Egg Credit Card agreements posted.

any help / advise would be greatly apreciated.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/sean23uk/egg2a.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/sean23uk/egg1a.jpg

after a request for my CCA from Egg (via Cap Quest collection agency) i received the following.

there are no detailed clauses as i've seen on some of the Egg Credit Card agreements posted.

any help / advise would be greatly apreciated.

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/sean23uk/egg2a.jpg

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv156/sean23uk/egg1a.jpg

It is very similar to one that I received, same route, via CapQuest and Egg.

There were no prescribed terms and conditions in the body of the two pages, no additional documentation. Additionally, there was no cooling off period and no mention of the total credit to be paid.

I wrote back with a letter saying that the CCA was not a true copy of the original and that it did not contain the required information.

Rather than challenge me, capQuest actually wrote to me and said that they would contact Egg again for a true copy i.e. they admitted that what they sent me was not correct.

Of course, Egg never had a proper original, their agreements t tht time 2002/2003 were mostly incorrectly written.

Once a CCA is in dispute, they are not supposed to ask for any payments but I had 10 emails i one day from CapQuest requesting payments.

Therefore, not only do they have an unenforceable agreement but they have acted unlawfully in asking for money.

My suggestion is that you write using the same template as me, then don't contact them again, just let them keep ending demands for money and drop themselves right in it. They are a bunch of fools who just operate by intimidation and bullying, without any regard to the law. Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves.

This is the template:

Account In Dispute

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: my request under s78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me dated **DATE**, the contents of which are noted. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter, dated **DATE**. Upon receipt of the original request the specified account legally entered into disputed status.

My request remains outstanding. The supplied documentation does not constitute a true copy of a credit agreement and that which you sent doesn't even contain all the prescribed terms and is not 'properly executed'. The statements sent do not correspond to the amount stated in your earliest correspondence and therefore they do not satisfy the requirement to supply me with a statement of account.

As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

You had until **12 days DATE** to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into default of my request. Whilst the account is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agencies (or any third party).

To register information with a credit reference agency, you must have written consent from the data subject to collate and share such information. This consent is given in the form of a signed credit agreement, so until you produce such an agreement, you may not do this.

The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any such attempts to share my data without my consent will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

The time limits, which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed credit agreement within 12 working days of a proper CCA request. If you fail to comply with a legitimate request the account enters a default situation. . You entered into a default on **12 Days DATE**

Therefore you have 7 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint, otherwise your conduct will be reported to the Office of Fair Trading, the Financial Ombudsman and Trading Standards. Any investigation undertaken by them may affect your ability to hold a consumer credit license in the future.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

Communicate in writing and ONLY in writing, your telephone calls will NOT be answered.

To sum up, I will not be making any further payments to you until you provide me with the document I have requested. Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

You are now in dispute with the Egg over the CCA and during this period they cannot ask for payments or charge interest to the account, although i am sure they will do both. Let them do it and keep records. As they will not have a proper CCA anyway, they can never collect the money. The CCA is unenforcable.

I suggest that you send this letter, also send by secure messaging:

ccount In Dispute

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: my request under s78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me dated **DATE**, the contents of which are noted. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter, dated **DATE**. Upon receipt of the original request the specified account legally entered into disputed status.

My request remains outstanding. The supplied documentation does not constitute a true copy of a credit agreement and that which you sent doesn't even contain all the prescribed terms and is not 'properly executed'. The statements sent do not correspond to the amount stated in your earliest correspondence and therefore they do not satisfy the requirement to supply me with a statement of account.

As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

You had until **12 days DATE** to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into default of my request. Whilst the account is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agencies (or any third party).

To register information with a credit reference agency, you must have written consent from the data subject to collate and share such information. This consent is given in the form of a signed credit agreement, so until you produce such an agreement, you may not do this.

The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any such attempts to share my data without my consent will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

The time limits, which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed credit agreement within 12 working days of a proper CCA request. If you fail to comply with a legitimate request the account enters a default situation. . You entered into a default on **12 Days DATE**

Therefore you have 7 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint, otherwise your conduct will be reported to the Office of Fair Trading, the Financial Ombudsman and Trading Standards. Any investigation undertaken by them may affect your ability to hold a consumer credit license in the future.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

Communicate in writing and ONLY in writing, your telephone calls will NOT be answered.

To sum up, I will not be making any further payments to you until you provide me with the document I have requested. Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

I have posted up a new thread on behalf of OH, didnt scan it but there are no prescribed terms within the first two pages, no charge for credit & no Total Amount Payable.

Not had any replies to my thread, need to dispute with Egg - not yet with a dca.

Beachy

Blimey that was quick! :)

Just had a look at the OP's scanned copies, same as my OH. The OP didnt mention that besides no prescribed terms there is no mention of charge for credit OR Total Amount Payable :lol:

Oh deep joy !

Beachy

There were no prescribed terms and conditions in the body of the two pages, no additional documentation. Additionally, there was no cooling off period and no mention of the total credit to be paid.

so, although it mentions Terms and Conditions it's wrong cos they weren't supplied to me? and they should be part of what they sent me?

also, the total credit to be paid would be the loan ammount plus the interest right?

and there should be a mention of cooling off in the supplied docs - what if they subsequently provide the terms and conditions and they generically mention a cooling off period?

i'm sure i've never seen a total amount to be paid thou!

thanks for your help. even if they do come back eventually, a month or two of dispute and no payments will be very helpful right now :)

Edited by seanj70

Hi

The T+Cs need usually to be part of the agreement i.e. included in the pages. it is possible to have a separate copy, but this cannot just be a standard booklet or page, it has to be signed by both parties. This is soomething that appears not to have been done by Egg for many CCAs, including two of my own. Nobody on here has ever reported Egg coming up with a separate signed copy of T+Cs, as theey did not do it at that time. They either send just the two sided CCA on its own, or included a standard unsigned copy of T+Cs, which therefore cannot be part of the CCA.

Even if a cooling off period is mentioned in the T+Cs and again, I have never seen this reported on here, it is not part of the CCA. The amount of credit should be shown. This would be loan amount, the total repayments and also a separate figure showing the amount of interest on it's own.

Oh my God! Don't tell them why, other than what's in the template. Keep them in the dark! You only refer to the reasons if it ever goes to court, which I don't think it will do! If you give them too many specifics it will give them time to think of excuses, hahahahahahaha. Treat them mushroomsz, keep them in the dark and shovel, s**t on them :lol:

does this template need to highlight why it's in despute (these points you mention - cooling off, no signed terms, etc) or simply send as is?

thank you muchly :)

Also, I forgot to mention, in my case it went to the CapQuest people first and they did not dispute the unenforceability at all. They actually put in writing that they would try and get a full true copy from Egg. Well, there is no full true copy because in those days, Egg never inlcuded full T+Cs with signatures. It was also nice of CapQuest to put it in writing because they admit that they sent something that was not a tru copy of a compliant CCA.

The reason that CapQuest did not dispute my CCA that they KNOW there are huge problems with Egg CCAs from that era.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been googling for some information to help me. I took out an egg loan in 2001. Soon afterwards i got into difficulties, so i went on a repayment plan and have been paying religiously every month( never missed a payment). However since the beginning of this year, they keep asking for an increase in payments. Now it's got to a stage where they are demanding and 150% increase in payment or the debt will be sold on.

Any help would be appreciated. at my wits end now.!!!

I have two Egg loans and a credit card from egg, all from around that time. One oan account was sold to debt collectors, called CapQuest. However, in all three cases, my CCAs were unenforceable and no further payments have been made to any of them. indeed, CapQuest kindly put in writing to me that they did not have a true copy of the original CCA.

Send a CCA request letter with1 pound-see the notes on the forum about how to do this. They have to send this info within 12+2 days, otherwise each account goes into dispute. Wehn nin disuppte the account cannot be sold or given to a third party, all interest is frozen.

Here is the killer bit for you. Nearly all Egg agreements from that time are very dubious, many, including mine are unenfrorceable.

There are then some follow up steps to take, according to what your CCAs look like.

• 9 months later...

i did eventually receive a copy of a my CCA but it wasn't 'properly executed' with all the prescribed terms, so i replied stating such and didn't hear a dicky bird until last week (almost a year).

the debt has now been purchased by Aktiv Kapital and I have requested a copy of the CCA again from them, but how do i stand now?

AK have said (verbally on the phone) that the original agreement doesn't matter any more and they were desperate to get me to pay a token payment on the phone, but I refused and said i was proof of the debt.

i've also read this about the OFT recently clariying 'unenforcable debt' and i'm worried about the bit where it says "· pass the individuals information onto a debt collector"

http://www.creditman.co.uk/uk/member...wsviewID=11184

how about you alisindebt? did you ever hear anymore?

i did eventually receive a copy of a my CCA but it wasn't 'properly executed' with all the prescribed terms, so i replied stating such and didn't hear a dicky bird until last week (almost a year).

the debt has now been purchased by Aktiv Kapital and I have requested a copy of the CCA again from them, but how do i stand now?

AK have said (verbally on the phone) that the original agreement doesn't matter any more and they were desperate to get me to pay a token payment on the phone, but I refused and said i was proof of the debt.

i've also read this about the OFT recently clariying 'unenforcable debt' and i'm worried about the bit where it says "· pass the individuals information onto a debt collector"

http://www.creditman.co.uk/uk/member...wsviewID=11184

how about you alisindebt? did you ever hear anymore?

Hi again

You have disputed the account with Egg for the reasons that gave i.e. unenforceable prescribed terms. Whether or not agree with your reasons, they cannot unilaterally cancel a dispute! You remain of your original view and therefore the account remains in dispute. Under these conditions, they cannot involve a third party debt collector and you should firmly refuse to deal with these Activ people or any other third party or DCA.

I still dispute my account with Egg and yet they still attempted on 2 occasions to get DCAs to write. Both times, I sent the DCA a "prior dispute with the OC" letter and they both ran off. You should do the same.

If Egg are so sure that they are correct then they should go to court to prove that the CCA is enforceable. I understand there is a test case on this soon, maybe June 4th. Egg wrote such bad CCAs in the days before 2005 or even 2007, that they are in serious trouble now the amount of disputes they have and they will lie and cheat to get cash out of you.

This is the template. Just change to your own details and send it registered post, good luck!

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I refer to my letter of **DATE** a copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

As holders of a Consumer Credit Licence you are obliged to comply with the Office of Fair Trading Guidelines on Debt Collection. I would therefore be obliged if you would provide me with an explanation as to why you are attempting to collect on an alleged debt which was disputed with **BANK ** prior to your first contact with me, and has yet to be resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

Since this is considered an unfair practice and contrary to the OFT guidelines, you should consider this letter as a formal complaint, and provide me with a copy of your complaint resolution procedure.

I also require you to confirm that you will now comply with the OFT guidelines, and will not attempt any further collection activity whilst the dispute is unresolved.

Should you fail to provide me with the required undertaking within 7 days, I shall report your breach of the OFT guidelines to Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Take notice that I will not discuss this matter on the telephone, and all further communication must be in writing. Any further telephone calls will be perceived as harassment, and dealt with accordingly.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Send them (the DCA) this template adjusted to your own needs:

but that OFT ruling states:

Crucially the OFT has made it clear that ''Unenforceable'' does not mean that an individuals debt is wiped out. Any outstanding debt is still owed, but there are some consequences for the lenders ability to enforce the debt, but they can:

· request payment

· issue a default notice

· pass details of the default to a credit reference agency (e.g. Equifax, Experian or Callcredit)

· pass the individuals information onto a debt collector

it's that last bit i'm worried about (passing info to debt collector)

• 5 months later...