You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I owe some money, about £2,000 to a company. It went to court and I didnt defend it because I owe it. I just cant pay it.

I received several letters saying that Id lost and I need to pay and before I did anything a bailiff from Marstons turned up but I wasnt in. Its actually my parents house and they were in so they let him in and he took some notes and left a letter saying I owed them the money with their inflated charges added.

I dont really live there at all but do stay some times but have very little belongings there.

Anyway i wrote to the Marstons saying I could only afford to pay £100 per month and enclosed a £10 Postal Order. They wrote a couple of times saying they are asking the company if they accept that. Then I got a letter saying Im in default because I havent paid the rest of Julys payment. I wrote to them on monday saying I literally have no money left this month so I will pay them £190 on the 25th when I get paid. Theyve just left a message on my voicemail saying thats not acceptable and theyre coming over today. Im not there again.

What should I do? I dont have £90 at the moment. Should I tell my parents not to open the door? What are they entitled to do?

Thanks for any help.

tell your parents to write to marstons

tell marstons that this debt is nothing to do with them and that they are not responsible for the debts that you do not live there it is there property not yours and to stop sending letters and bailiffs to there home

tell your parents to write to marstons

tell marstons that this debt is nothing to do with them and that they are not responsible for the debts that you do not live there it is there property not yours and to stop sending letters and bailiffs to there home

I will but as they say theyre coming today have they any right to take anything?

no they cant take anything belonging to your parents for your debt

tell your parents not to open the door to them keep the door locked

send marsrons an e-mail then follow it up with letter recorded delivery

tell your parents to tell marstons that the bailiff Mr x is fully aware that it is not your home and no property in there home belongs to you as this was explained to Mr bailiff the last time he called

i agree it is your parents house and can not serve a WPO on a house that you do not live in if he does not go then i would call the police and report him for harassment. as he has no right to be there.

i agree it is your parents house and can not serve a WPO on a house that you do not live in if he does not go then i would call the police and report him for harassment. as he has no right to be there.

Thanks for your help so far.

Ive emailed them twice now basically saying that I want to go back to court to set up a monthly payment scheme. I think its form N244 Or N245?

I think once I apply they have to stay away anyway.

It doesnt appear they turned up today so far. Are they likely to turn up at odd hours or is it normally 9-5ish?

Think I need to go to CAB but that doesnt seem straight forward either.

the form is right but no its not 9till5 they can call i believe from 7till9 and once you have a stay of exicution you are right they can't collect any money or call at the house