Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • ok again thanks for all advice , im going to continue and struggle on paying the wifes debts and maybe look at getting reduced payments but as for mine i think ill go down the DRO route and try get it sorted but will see and open new bank account somewhere first
    • Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

account in dispute letter-help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3744 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all....I have just embarked on my personal crusade to ascertain exactly how many of my remaining credit card agreements are enforceable or not.The first to return me info following request is Monument who have sent me a silly Rapid Reply Card that(although signed) resembles nothing like a properly executed cca ! I now want to send them an "account in dispute" letter advising the info sent is crap and send me a proper one...I suspect this is all they have but need to get more serious before telling them to bogoff for good !

Anyway I have seen on the forum a letter like this but now cannot find it....can anyone send me a link please ? I will keep all updated on progress of this one.Cheers

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

this one:


Dear Sirs,

Account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Re: my request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

This account is in Dispute .

On xx/xx/2007 I wrote to xxxxxxxxx requesting that xxxxxxx supply me a true copy of the executed credit agreement for this account.

In response to this request I was supplied a mere application form which did not comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The document sent purporting to be a credit agreement does not contain any of the prescribed terms as required by section 60(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1553) made under the authority of the “1974 Act” sets out what the prescribed terms are, I refer you to Schedule 6 Column 2 of SI 1983/1553 for the definition of what is required. Suffice to say none of the terms are present in the document

Since this document does not contain the required prescribed terms it is rendered unenforceable by s127 (3) consumer Credit Act 1974, which states

127(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

This situation is backed by case law from the Lords of Appeal in Ordinary (House of Lords) the highest court in the land. Your attention is drawn to the authority of the House of Lords in Wilson-v- FCT [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) which confirms that where a document does not contain the required terms under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 the agreement cannot be enforced.

In addition should you continue to pursue me for this debt you will be in breach of the OFT guidelines, I draw your attention to the Office of Fair Trading’s guidance on debt collection

The OFT guidance which was issued July 2003 (updated December 2006) relating to debt collections and what the OFT considers unfair, I have enclosed an excerpt from page 5 of the guidance which states

2.6 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

h. Ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment

I require you to produce a compliant copy of my credit agreement to confirm I am liable to you or any organisation, which you represent for this alleged debt, if you cannot do so I require written clarification that this is the case. Should you ignore this request I will report you to the Office of Fair Trading to consider your suitability to hold a credit licence in addition to a complaint to Trading Standards, as you will be in breach of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40

Since the agreement is unenforceable and the default notice is non compliant, it would be in everyone’s interest to consider the matter closed and for your client to write the debt off. I suggest you give serious consideration to this as any attempt of litigation will be vigorously defended and I will counter claim for all quantifiable damages

I respectfully request a response to this letter in 14 days


I trust this out lines the situation


Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Ida...you are a star !

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



I sent a SAR to Barclaycard Goldfish, they didn't send a copy of my CCA, I chased it up, they stated the following 'Unfortunately, we are not able to provide a copy of your Barclaycard Goldfish application form'.

Is there a letter similar to the one above that I can send?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

no not through a sar,


you would need to send a cca request, then if they fail, you can put the account into dispiute

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ida


I sent the following:-


I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated 21/10/09. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.


1) You have failed to provide a True Copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement.


This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.


Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.


The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.


They sent an application form for Barclaycard Account and

for the Barclaycard/Goldfish they say they haven't got an application form.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

an sar won't put it into dispute


they have said they don't have it so cannot supply it.


are you up here?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.


Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I offered to settle both accounts:-


Dear Sir or Madam

I write with reference to the alleged debt which you are claiming on the above accounts.

For the following reasons I can confirm that only a partial payment is due on the balance of the above accounts, the remaining amount is made up of unfair charges:-

1) Goldfish/Barclaycard sent me Credit Card Cheques which were unsolicited and have been banned by the UK government.

2) Goldfish/Barclaycard do not hold any valid or true copies of Consumer Credit Agreements which are legally enforceable.

3) I now understand that the regime of fees which Goldfish/Barclaycard have been applying to my accounts in relation to late fees and over limit charges, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I will pay £0,000 and I want to offer this an ex-gratia payment in full and final settlement of the account.

This offer is made on the clear understanding that, if accepted, neither you nor any associate company will take any other action to enforce or pursue this alleged debt in any way whatsoever and that I will be released from any liability.

I also request that, if accepted, you will make an entry on a credit reference agency file relating to the above account as "satisfied" in full.

Payment can be made within 2 weeks of receiving your written agreement of this offer and method of payment.

I look forward to receiving your reply.


I got this for one of the accounts, the one where they have sent me a copy of a Barclaycard application form:-


Reference: SECTION 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974


I write further to your letter requesting a copy of your executed agreement for the above account.


The information we must provide to you under the terms of Section 78 is prescribed by the Consumer

Credit Act 1974 and by the Consumer Credit

(Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents)

Regulations 1983. Under Section 78, we must

supply you with a copy of your executed agreement and a statement of account which

is practicable to refer.

. The current credit limit on your account is

. The current balance on your account today is

. The next minimum payment of £ is due on


Please note, a copy of your current Barclaycard Credit Agreement will be sent under separate Cover.


You will be receiving your next statement shortly which will provide you with full details of your account.


With refernce to the Civil Procedure Rules (the "CPR"). We have provided you with sufficient information to allow you to understand our position. The CPR does not confer an automatic entitlement to documents before proceedings start. CPR 31.16 provides that a party may apply to the court for pre-action disclosure in certain limited circumstances, which do not apply here.

The application must be supported by evidence - and the usual order is for the applicant to pay the costs of the application, including the respondent's costs, together with the respondent's costs of complying with any order that is made as a result (CPR 48.1 (2)).


While there is no formal obligation on our part to provide documentation in answer to Validation of Debt correspondence, we have undertaken steps to provide you with the contractual terms under which your financial obligations arise and a statement of account.


I am fully satisfied that the sum outstanding by you remains legally due and payable. You should continue to repay the outstanding balance owed on your account in accordance with the outstanding balance owed on your account in accordance with the terms of your credit agreement. If you do not, we may register a default against you with credit reference agencies, although we will formally notify you before doing so.


This completes our obligation to you under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Agreement 1974,


Yours sincerely,



Barclaycard Customer Service.



Not sure what thats about.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, ive had the same problem with goldfish, they sent me terms and conditions instead of a cca, do i pay them anything when i send in a account in dispute letter or is the law on my side to send them nill ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...