You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

king of speed

Uk Licence holder no longer living in the UK

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys

I hold a full UK driving licence, nice and clean since 84, but it is due to expire at the end of the year.

I no longer live in the UK, and have no intention in going back there, i have now made my home in Estonia.

Whats the best thing to do,

also i have no idea where my green paper is, but i still have my UK Photo License, plastic card thing.

cheers guys.

well? what do ya wanna do?if ya dont want a uk licence cos ya aint coming back,do nothing:rolleyes:

well? what do ya wanna do?if ya dont want a uk licence cos ya aint coming back,do nothing:rolleyes:

Interesting answer, not really the one i wanted,

do i apply for a license here in Estonia ,

or do i have to renew my UK driving license.

With regards to returning to the UK, i meant that i do not intend to live there again, but i do have family there.

ok,have you told dvla your new address? when it gets near the renewal time they send you a form and you need to send them £20 and a new photo,then they send you a new licence,estonia is in the eu so you could always register with their equivalent of our dvla by calling them for a form

Unless things have changed, a UK licence can only be sent to a UK address.

Unless things have changed, a UK licence can only be sent to a UK address.

Correct, and it can't be a PO Box or an hotel.

However, such an address is available.

With regards to returning to the UK, i meant that i do not intend to live there again, but i do have family there.
. There is no requirement for the address to be that of the licence holder, only that he can be contacted via it.

Correct, and it can't be a PO Box or an hotel.

Afraid it can. They don't LIKE you using these devices, but they cannot stop you as the actual regulations do not specifically prohibit this.

As Estonia is an EU member State - the UK licence can be easily swapped for another EU Memember's licence, and for the same classification. All you pay is the exchange fee. If you ever did come back to the UK, you could change it again - the regulations require you to register in your country of main domicile.

What happens if you own a hotel?:D

Then the address wouldn't be c/o.

Then the address wouldn't be c/o.

Would you care to provide a link to this within the relevant Law, not what DVLA suggests it is? It seems strange to support their non-legal stance whilst criticising other agencies for doing exactly the same thing.

What you outlined - even if it was remotely 'legal', would be compliant simply by dropping the 'C/o' which is an anachronism in itself. Also, what would the social agencies make of someone being denied the right to drive simply because they weren't fortunate or willing enough to take responsibility for owning or renting their own property, preferring to outsource the facility?