£21 Bank Charge for being overdrawn £2 for 1 day!!

Spamalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Is this really legal?

My daughter who banks with Lloyds and does not have an authorised overdraft went overdrawn by £2 when a direct debit was taken out of her account. She was overdrawn for 24 hrs as she paid money into the account the following day.

They have charged her £6 daily fee and £15 monthly fee totalling £21!!!

Please tell me they can't get away with this .. It's daylight robbery.. she's only a student.

Angry Spam. :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

hiya there,

unfortunatly they can do this it will be part of the terms and cond' however if this is the first time she has had any charges on her account or if she has not had any refunded or waivered (refunded-were the charge has already left the account and lloyds refund it back to her waivered-were the charge has yet left the account so lloyds place a waiver on there to prevent it from leaving) in the past 12 months then she can a request a waiver or refund, which she would be fully entitled to with the amount that she had gone overdrawn by and the amount the charge is for.....if onthe other hand they would have returned the direct debit as unpaid that on its own would have had a 20 quid fee charged to her account, i no it still doesnt seem fare her having to request the waiver/refund but at lweast it better than them taking the money.....if youd like any help or want any other advice let me know.:p

:razz:*WELSHIEGAL*:razz:

Hi Welshiegal and thank you for your reply.:)

The amount hasn't been taken out of her account yet as she has been informed it will go out on 3rd August so how would she go about getting a 'waiver' she's never had charges before...

Would she just write to customer services or is there a special way of going about this?

Thanks, Spam

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hiya,

she better off calling phonebank(08453000000) then all she needs to do is simply tell the advisor that she never had any charges previous on her acc and shes had a letter to say that she will be charged on 03/08/09 and she wants them waiverered....the advisor will check the acc and will then put a waiver on there for her, makesure they give her a ref no. then just keep ahold of this untill shes had the aug statement just to make sure it was put through correctly and doesnt go out the acc, if for any reason it does still go out get striaght on the phone with that ref no.

again if you need anything else just give me yell.:p

• Haha 1

Hi Spamalot

stick to your guns, call them and demand the money to be returned, we went £1.44 over drawn and was charge £35.00 madness, we chased and chased and Lloyds credited the funds the following month.

don`t give up it takes time

cheers

• Haha 1

Thank you both for your input and support. :)

Daughter has just got off the phone and Lloyds have filled in a waiver form for her. She has a reference and all we have to do now is wait and see...

Hopefully there won't be any problems but if there are we will definitely fight back!!!!

It's just so sad and outrageous that many people will let them get away with it , I know I have in the dim and distant past, and that's what the Banks rely on... punishing the little people for minor misdemeanors... Thank heavens for CAG!!.

Thanks again.

Happier Spam. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's just so sad and outrageous that many people will let them get away with it , I know I have in the dim and distant past, and that's what the Banks rely on... punishing the little people for minor misdemeanors... Thank heavens for CAG!!.

:pYeh totally agree with you there.......NEVER A TRUER WORD SPOKEN:p

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update...

3rd of August has been and gone... no charges have been taken from her account so it seems there's been another mini victory for the little people..

A big thank you to you all for your help and another big thank you to CAG..:D

Much happier Spam :D:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]