• Tweets

• My credit file was clean before this-the only missing payments or problems are those with Virgin. I did address the question of the number of the mystery handset in the post above-it just gives out the message stated. I shall get in touch with Sunderland Crown Court about the first claim-the chap from Reading said if it was their area(South East) it would be able to be as you now have an address where it is proved they could be served, but he didn't know if it was the same in every area. Obviously, it is not just a change of address but also a change of area and so a change of court that will be dealing with it.
    • They are making a big deal of the supreme court case Prudential, that compounded interest is not applicable.   A mistaken payment is not a transfer of value and such only simple interest applies    Judge thinking of striking out compound interest
    • Great, thanks for the update. I sort of wish that I hadn't suggested the ICO complaint now because clearly virgin are on notice and they seem to have expressed an intention to erase data. I didn't realise this was going to go on like that. So you've got some money in the bank – and the other thing is that it is evidence that they are aware of everything and is there is not even an attempt to challenge the judgement, I think that amounts to a bland acceptance of the responsibility – although I suppose they would say that they simply paid because it made economic sense. So I wonder what is happening to the first one? Are you able to enquire? So the clock is ticking away on the third one so we will move on to the next stage as soon as that time limit has expired. I think the fact that there are two judgements against them – and one of them has been satisfied now will assist your latest claim if it gets as far as a judge to show that virgin are serial breachers of their data protection obligations   I asked earlier on if you had a telephone number for the mystery handset and whether you had tried calling it. Also, could you address the question I put about the state of your credit file. Also, have you got copies of everything – including credit file – in case everything gets cleaned up?  
    • We have a happy update- the second claim that was served at the Reading main office apparently has been paid in full today!   On the other matters,I rang the number and there is just a message saying 'It has not been possible to connect you to this number.If you have dialled correctly,this number is not registered to a network'.   And it was indeed your good self who recommended I make a complaint through the ICO's website way back in October in post 3-they have until March 11 to respond to that.  
    • I would issue a Notice of Correction to the relevant CRAs with proof (taken from the actual Default Notice attach a copy if you have one.) or previous data kept from the CRAs that the default had passed its 6th anniversary...the credit reference agencies will then take it up with them.   Andy 
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

lowells/Red/Hamptons.....?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4248 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I have been receiving letters from lowell, red and hamptons for several months, which i have ignored, they say the debt is with barclays for £650(aprox) I have no idea what this is (I have a barclaycard debt of about £600 and im over my overdraft limit on my barclays acc by a few hundred £'s-can they chase me for overdraft monies etc?) I have had serious financial probs for a few years and burried my head in the sand an have not been able to pay-or should i say, i have not paid for nearly 3 years(which is wrong i know but depression does funny things to you) they are only just chasing me and i dont know what to do about it, im a single mum on income support living in my parents spare bedroom with my daughter!! any help would be appreciated :)

Hi,

AHHH my favourite lowlifes crawl from under the floor again:D

Could you clarify what the debt is (not the overdrfaft) loan? credit card?

Have you any bank charges that you know of?

Try not to worry. as it's now with a DCA, you are in control of what you pay (if anything) not them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I need my eyes doing :D didn't see barclay CARD

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I havnt made any response to them and they dont have my phone number, i dont even know how they found me! they said in the last letter that they are going to get my credit file from experian to know how to deal with the situation-can they do that? also, the letters (i noticed they are all part of the same lowell group as it has the details in small print at the bottom-so how can they say 'our client'??? HAHA!!!) but some letters say lowell portfolio1 ltd and other say lowell financial......confused!! Thanks

hi.the old classic rears again(obtain a copy of your credit file to help us decide which is the best form of litigation to take):rolleyes:meaning hope you think we can record on your file and you will brick it,call us and pay.

would start with prove it letter,see what they come back with.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

prove it letter basically asking what the debt is.

think you are refering to cca request.thats possible if you know what the debt is,depends on what they are after.

SAM

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Lowells pay this silly game of pretending to be all different companies, when infact they are all the same & just different desks in the same office.

Lowell,Lowell Portfolio 1,Lowell financial Red,Hampton Legal = all the same.

I've got a new name for them, they are now referred to as BOB in my world, got so sick of all the different companies . . . .

You can already picture the office, four individual booths with a telephone in each one, one lowell fiancial, one lowell portfolio, one hampton, one red. Bob running around answering each phone by a different company name depending on which one rings . . . . I wonder if they even know who pays their wages :p

Report Lowells to the OFT.

The OFT do not deal with individual complaints.

They DO deal with complaints from registered bodies (these are called Super Complaints) and they will also receive complaints from Advice Agencies etc.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.