HSBC Particulars of claim / N1 form - Help Needed

Zorro01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I have been putting this off for several days now whilst telling myself I need more info before I go ahead and fill out the form.

I got the N1 POC form from the courts website and I even have a guide to "how to fill in this form" but I am struggling to be honest as this sort of stuff is beyond me and I really want to get things right. All I want to achieve for now is my claim registered with the court (as will be the case anyway) before the test case ends.

I want to know what I should go after regarding interest etc or infact if I can at this stage change the amount from my initial letter (is it best to stick to the origional figure that I asked for when asking for the charges back??)

Also HSBC have paid half of the charges back already and refuse to pay any more which is going to mess with all my sums.

Please please help.

Also if anyone has a.... "POC / N1 form for dummies" then please feel free to pass it on to me

Thanks in advance for your help.

VICTORIES TO DATE THROUGH THE HELP OF THIS SITE:

1. Littlewoods Catalouge - No pursual of debt & wrote off £4500

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

GOD BLESS CONSUMER ACTION GROUP!

Also on the guide I have it refers to Overdraft interest charges yet I thought you couldn't claim that interest back and only claim interest via the court at 8%.

What are you actually entitled to attempt to claim...?

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

Hello all. Hi zorro01

I have been putting this off for several days now whilst telling myself I need more info before I go ahead and fill out the form.

I got the N1 POC form from the courts website and I even have a guide to "how to fill in this form" but I am struggling to be honest as this sort of stuff is beyond me and I really want to get things right. All I want to achieve for now is my claim registered with the court (as will be the case anyway) before the test case ends.

I want to know what I should go after regarding interest etc or infact if I can at this stage change the amount from my initial letter (is it best to stick to the origional figure that I asked for when asking for the charges back??)

You can change the figure right up to the time you lodge your claim at court - if you're using the 'simple spreadsheet' the interest changes daily anyway .... after that any change costs you, because the court treats it as a mistake ... :rolleyes:.

So , work out what you're owed up to the time of lodging in court(including interest and court costs ) - deduct whatever lump sum they've already paid and the balance is your claim ..........

Also HSBC have paid half of the charges back already and refuse to pay any more which is going to mess with all my sums.

Total claim ..............................£

S.69 Interest to (date) @ 8%......£

Court costs .............................£

GrossTotal .............................£

Less Amount Refunded(Date|)....£

Total Claimed via N1..................£

Please please help.

Also if anyone has a.... "POC / N1 form for dummies" then please feel free to pass it on to me

Thanks in advance for your help.

There you go zorro - come back if you need more help - the POC's on here should help you too , if you haven't already seen them :

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/113-4-particulars-of-claim-n1-updated-version-now-available

Edited by johnnymitch
tidying up .......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Cheers JM. That will certainly help me out.

I will probably have more questions but for now thanks.

:)

A silly question here but how much are court costs?

Becuase I am a Hardship case and the bank one minute acknowledge this and then next minute (around the time i wanted my charges back) disputed this can I claim anything for the stress and further hardship caused, i was and am on benefits and the bank was still piling on the chrges and interest even though i was dealing with them via the CCCS. Anyone have any ideas or should I leave that for a later date. To be honest I want as much as possible from these plonkers.

court fees are a beggar to find , zorro ... I don't think they want you to know how much they are:rolleyes: but if you use the New (Issue) column on this ghastly pink link :eek:you should be ok

County Court Fees

As for claiming hardship and stress - that is devilishly difficult route to take .. I would certainly leave it off your current claim or IMHO, it'll only muddy the waters for a successful outcome.

However, having said that , it's your call - I understand how you feel...........

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

gonna leave out the hardship stuff.

I am gonna get on with it now.

thanks jm

Wise move I think - go get 'em zorro ........:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

have i got to send a copy of my POC to HSBC bank as well as the court??

Do I also have to send copirs of my correspondance with HSBC?

Anyone got a list of what to send?

sorry for all the questions my friends

Edited by Zorro01
Missed something out...

shamless bump

Right shameless bump :rolleyes: way down at the foot that link I gave you for completion of N1 , it says :

ATTACH TO THIS FORM:-

Schedule of Charges

COPY THREE TIMES (FORMS AND SCHEDULE) and hand in or post to your local COUNTY COURT with the appropriate FEE

:):):)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Johnny Mitch you are the man.

Thanks Buddy.

:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

:D :)done done done

Well done , zorro ........ now just sit back and wait.... it'll be 'stayed' along with all the rest , and earning 8% interest :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

One more question before I write my cheque.

According to the info regarding court fees.

It is going to be £45 for the issuing of the N1 form and £50 for the hearing.

Question is this: - Do I write a cheque for £95 or do I just write a cheque for £45 now and £50 at a later date.

Does anyone know???

Only the cheque for £45 zorro - there may not be a hearing ....... :D. You can adjust your costs claim later if you have to ...

Nemo me impune lacessit

Cheers Johnny. Id tip your scales but it wont let me.

That's ok zorro , thanks for the thought ! :)

Nemo me impune lacessit