Kays Catalogue - No Signed Credit Agreement - Still sending threatening letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

We recieved some truly shocking customer service from Kays and when they refused to deal with the issues we requested a signed copy of the consumer credit act. They admitted by letter that the debt in unenforceable as they did not have a copy but they still insist on sending letters threatening action and adding defaults. So far they have added 6. They also add charges for late payment. I did not have an issue with paying the amount but wanted my complaints dealt with properly. I now do have issues with paying them due to their constant harrassment. I am just wondering how to proceed.

thanks

Blue

Well, what i would do is to send a SARS then apply for all the interest and charges back from the account.

As you stated,i doubt there is a valid credit agreement,i am doing the same to Littlewoods.

perhaps you should put a copy of the letter on here and let some of the wiser members,comb through it.

Hi there

we did apply and recieved back an unsigned copy and they admitted they did not have a signed copy. I am wondering whether they can continue to add defaults and charges. It all started when they delivered (in fact they threw it over the back gate as no-one was home) a laptop which ended up with a cracked screen. They stated it was not a manufacturing fault so we must have caused it as their drivers would never deliver items in such a fashion. The service since then has been atrocious. I would like to throw the ball back in their court and was wondering whether I could take them to court for harrasment?