You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

brokebutnotbeatn

Egg Threatogram

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4002 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have 7 creditors. I wrote to them in March to explain a change in financial cicumstances and I appointed a company to manage a debt plan. For 3 months that plan has been running smoothly and all but Egg accepted the plan (I don't believe Egg have even acknowledged it or my appointed 3rd party). So I was surprised to get home from work last night to a letter from Egg Credit Card to say they had been unable to contact me by phone (the only ones who didn't try I hasten to add!) and threatening legal action to recover the debt. Are these guys really, really stupid? I also have a loan with Egg managed under the same plan. I popped a 'secure' e-mail on and made reference to the fact that I had acted in a responsible and communicative manner throughout and from the outset but can see from CAG that they have a tendency to act in an irresponsible manner. Now, I couldn't resist but no doubt it will red rag time. But it was a useful way to intimate (in a non threatening way of course) that I know my rights! However, more of a concern is that there is no electronic capture of any payments - no activity on the account since May. I wonder does anyone have similar experience? I'm just wondering whether I need to go down the CCA route because I suspect this will run and run. BTW I was one of the 160,000 but the account still shows a credit limit, £5k more than the outstanding balance. Was this account terminated or not? I remember the letter but not the detail.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

OK. so now I've spent the entire day reading the "termination of Egg credit card agrement" thread. Wow. I am considering my next steps!

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Hi, I have 7 creditors. I wrote to them in March to explain a change in financial cicumstances and I appointed a company to manage a debt plan. For 3 months that plan has been running smoothly and all but Egg accepted the plan (I don't believe Egg have even acknowledged it or my appointed 3rd party). So I was surprised to get home from work last night to a letter from Egg Credit Card to say they had been unable to contact me by phone (the only ones who didn't try I hasten to add!) and threatening legal action to recover the debt. Are these guys really, really stupid? I also have a loan with Egg managed under the same plan. I popped a 'secure' e-mail on and made reference to the fact that I had acted in a responsible and communicative manner throughout and from the outset but can see from CAG that they have a tendency to act in an irresponsible manner. Now, I couldn't resist but no doubt it will red rag time. But it was a useful way to intimate (in a non threatening way of course) that I know my rights! However, more of a concern is that there is no electronic capture of any payments - no activity on the account since May. I wonder does anyone have similar experience? I'm just wondering whether I need to go down the CCA route because I suspect this will run and run. BTW I was one of the 160,000 but the account still shows a credit limit, £5k more than the outstanding balance. Was this account terminated or not? I remember the letter but not the detail.

A standard trick is for Egg to say they attempted to call, etc. I have had such letters, also saying they emails, which never arrived. they are a combination of [problematic] and stupid. Either way, I would always do two things:

Copy all secured emails, I just copy and paste into Word, both sent and received. Certainly send one pound and request a CCA, most seem to have big faults. Once disputed, they are not allowed to add interest or collect payments.