Un Paid Item Fee £38.00 charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter today from RBS stating that I had been charged an unpaid item of £38.00 because a direct debit had tried to be taken from my account. I called the bank twice and spoke to 2 people who said that they could do nothing about it. I then went into the bank to speak to the manager pointing out that I was on benefits and was unable to pay the fine. And that they had reduced the payment in half for my Boyfriend who had a fine before; he said that they could not drop the fine or reduce it.

I stated that it costs the bank £2.50 to process the unpaid item and that it was unfair to charge £38.00. He said that it is like when you buy something that you pay more than what the item worth, I said in response that you can shop around. He said what do expect, you get the bank account for free and don’t pay for transactions, like it was reasonable to pay a fine from time to time to cover the cost of using the account. I informed him that I could claim fine charges back which he stated that I could not as it was going through the courts; I told him he was incorrect. He said that bank’s were only paying out past fines because it was easier to do so to get rid of peoples complaints that made me laugh. I also pointed out that I was on the Key account the most basic account which offers no Cheque book and no overdraft because I have no money.

He gave me the number of RBS customer relations 0800 015 5035 and said call them about the fine stating Financial Hardship, has anybody called them and what was the result?

I have now moved all the money from the account and will close the account down, so they can add the fine to my account, I will not pay it.

Has anybody else had a fee for an Unpaid item and manage to get it dropped?

Hello and Welcome, scotlandgirl.

Yes, sometimes a phonecall can result in them removing the charge.

I'd phone them, if like you say, you are closing the account, this will not happen until that charge is sorted the account with a minus balance will remain open and collect further charges.

I'd phone, you never know your luck.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert