exchanging something in B&Q without reciept

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we bought a tin of dulux paint in B&Q a few months ago. we needed 2 tins ,but there was only 1 of the colour we wanted left so we bought that and kept checking back to get another (we are in the middle of decorating our whole house so time was no issue). we then found out that the colour is discontinued. we dont have the reciept anymore, but we got it on a decorating gift card, we still have the card although i am not sure if it records a history of purchases. does anybody know where we would stand in getting an exchange on this as we have no use for it as there is not enough of the paint to do what we want to do. we dont want a refund, just to swap it for another colour which is not discontinued

Hi,

Can't really answer your question :rolleyes: but I doubt you would have a problem taking it back and exchanging.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It will come down to the T&Cs, as there is nothing wrong with the product, there is no statutory right to return the item.

I think the main factors will be the timeframe and whether they state a receipt is required (so long as it does not interfere with statutory rights, they can insist on a receipt), and any exclusions they may have to the policy.

There is also, of course, the goodwill factor. The shop may decide to swap the item even if he T&Cs are not met. What they should not do however is refuse to exchange or refund when you have met the conditions for such.

Agreed, give it a go!

B & Q atleast around where I live are great with returns...despite time gone by and/or the item being opened including those without receipts.

Most if not all is branded by them so they know its from them