You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Jonobl

Unenforceable loan? Issues when signing agreement

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4015 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello there, i'm a new to the forums.

Last year my lovely girlfriend was told she had to go to the bank.

Somebody from the bank went through everything my GF was paying and then asked what my GF was spending on hobbies and things.

The nice lady from the bank then told my lovely GF that she could consolidate all of this in to one nice loan.

She quoted the price she would be paying for this loan but went away to consult a colleague. The nice lady fom the bank then came back and said "oh i've got it for you cheaper".

The nice lady from the bank said "just sign here". Only after this did my GF realise that she had just taken out a £12K loan. My GF is now in a big black hole and doesn't know what to do.

At the time my GF was 19 and naive. She didn't know what she was getting in to. Is this right?

On top of this she has PPI on the loan. She can't remember being asked whether or not she wanted PPI.

If anyone could help I would be very greatful.

Unfortunately because your G/F signed on the bank's premises there would have been no 'cooling off' period. There could be issues with mis-selling of the PPI and she could claim that back, however because of this it could also bring the agreement itself into dispute, it depends how it was set out.

Does she still have her copy of the agreement? If not she should she should send a CCA request to the bank; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter when she gets it back, scan it remove identifying details & post it up & someone will check it over for her.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT