You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

GhostDebt

Links to cases required please....

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3915 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good evening all,

Does anybody have links to the following case texts please as I need to print off copies.

Wilson v First County

Woodchester Lease Management v Swain

Van Lynn Developments v Pelias Construction

W F Harrison & Co. v Burke

Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Company v New Garage & Motor Company Ltd

Many thanks

Regards

GD

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Good evening all,

Does anybody have links to the following case texts please as I need to print off copies.

Wilson v First County

Wilson v First County Trust Ltd [2001] EWCA Civ 633 (2 May 2001)

Wilson & Anor v Hurstanger Ltd [2007] EWCA Civ 299 (04 April 2007)

Woodchester Lease Management v Swain

W F Harrison & Co. v Burke

Many thanks

Regards

GD

I've pasted links to a couple of the Wilson cases above which I had saved in my IE Favourites, the other one may be useful to you.

Have you tried looking here;

BAILII - Case Law Search

I think it's sometimes a bit particular how you word your search terms, but lots of stuff can be found there.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for your reply Rob.

Most helpful.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd v New Garage & Motor Co Ltd [1914] UKHL 1 (01 July 1914)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Does anybody have a copy of or link to:

Harrison v Burke

&

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-

Harrison v Burke

&

Many thanks

Does anybody have a link to the above please.

I have searched BAILII and google and have not been able to find them yet.

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-

Perhaps you haven't checked all the google links yet. This isn't the actual case itself, but is a succinct summary of, what I assume are, the relevant points

This comes from the supreme court of barbados:-

[37] Mr. Thornhill, counsel for Rodney and Portfolio, relies on Van Lynn Developments Ltd v Pelias Construction Co Ltd [1968] 3 ALL ER 824 where the Court of Appeal with Lord Denning MR as President had to consider whether there was a valid notice of the assignment of a debt. In that case the defendants had a bank overdraft which was paid off by the plaintiffs in consideration for an assignment of the debt to themselves. The assignment was dated 26 June and on 27 June the plaintiffs called on the defendants for payment. In the letter of 27 June it was stated (incorrectly) that notice of the assignment had been previously given to the defendants. On the question whether the letter of 27 June constituted a valid notice of assignment, it was held that on the true construction of s 136 of the Law of Property Act, 1925 (identical in its terms to s 214) notice of assignment of a chose in action was good even though it contained no date and the incorrect statement could be ignored as an inaccurate surplusage; and (per Widgery LJ) it was immaterial that the letter was not written with the intention that it should perform the function of giving notice under s 136 (1).

[38] In giving his decision Lord Denning MR expressed his opinion that the correct interpretation of the statute was given by Atkin J. in Denney, Gasquet, and Metcalfe v Conklin [1913] 3 KB 177 at p 180 that no formal requirements were required for a notice of assignment and observed that:

“It seems to me to be unnecessary that it should give the date of the assignment so long as it makes it plain that there has in fact been an assignment so that the debtor knows to whom he has to pay the debt in future. After receiving the notice, the debtor will be entitled, of course, to require a sight of the assignment so as to be satisfied that it is valid, and that the assignee can give him a good discharge. But the notice itself is valid.”

[39] In concurring with Lord Denning MR. Widgery LJ. stated :

“The section does not speak of “a notice:” it speaks of “notice”. Accordingly, it is wrong to suppose that a separate document purposely prepared as a notice, and described as such, is necessary in order to satisfy the statute. The statute only requires that information relative to the assignment shall be conveyed to the debtor, and that it shall be conveyed in writing”. (Emphasis added.)

Thank you for your reply Nicklea.

I am looking for the case texts to include in my court bundles and believe I need the full thing.

Many thanks for your input.

Regards.

-

-

-

-

-

Harrison v Burke

&

Many thanks

I've got copies of both - if you pm me your email address I'll send you copies

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Do you need copies of Orakpo, Dimond, and London North?

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hello IGNM.

Have sent you a PM.

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-

I've emailed you the cases - have you already got copies of Dunlop and Woodchester??

Hello IGNM,

Links to the other cases are in the posts detailed above.

Post #2 - 2 x Wilson cases.

Post #4 - Dunlop.

Post #5 - Woodchester.

Is it allowable to post the cases on the forum?

I expect several people would often find these helpful and may

not be able to find them so a thread which includes them would be

helpful, but don't want to do anything to breach any copyrights or forum rules.

Many thanks for the email.

Best regards

-

-

-

-

-

Is it allowable to post the cases on the forum?

I don't know to be honest...perhaps you should ask a member of the site team...just click on the triangle

I don't think that you can post the commentary - the stuff from Halsburys etc

You don't need to link them on the forum - they are already here The Consumer Forums - Cases

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

You don't need to link them on the forum - they are already here The Consumer Forums - Cases

I don't think that the Assignment cases are on there

Harrison v Burke

&

&

Firstdale v Quinton

- perhaps they ought to be...

Hi All

I thought I'd tag my request on here as the title of the thread suits, and if anyone can provide any links then it helps to keep them in the same place.

Alternatively, if anyone can offer to email copies of the cases requested below I would be grateful (I need them preferably today but tomorrow at the latest as I have a hearing on Friday 16th Oct).

The cases I would like are (both assignment cases);

1.) Amalgamated General Finance Co Ltd v CE Golding & Co Ltd [1964] 2 Lloyd's Rep 163

2.) W F Harrison & Co Ltd v Burke and another - [1956] 2 All ER 169

I've looked on BAILII but can't find them :(

TIA for any help

Cheers

Rob

Edited by robcag
put 'BAILII' in capitals

I've got a copy of the Harrison v Burke case, it should be attached.

Excellent work someone_else, thanks very much! :D

1 down, 1 to go :wink:

Hopefully i won't need any other case besides the 2 requested.

Cheers

Rob

Found this thread, but the links don't work.

Useful for info though.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1274894.html

-

-

-

-

-

Also see

DLC/Hillesden - assignment? - The Consumer Forums

p.s links to cases do not work

-

-

-

-

-