full final - only one debt ok?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i have debts with 3 companies, i am paying all but one off every month minimum payment no problem , but 2 days ago i recieved a letter from apex asking for £5300 for something that i have not even started making payments to ( for a camera in 2006 - i moved and forgot to tell them where i lived so did not pay ) i am keen to get this resolved and was going to send letter for unresolved dispute ( aic sent me postcard in november last year i cca'd them - no reply ) but i do not think i can go through the waiting and them harassing me .i live with my boyfriend parents and if they phone / turn up at door i think i may have move out so it is really important i find a way to sort this out before my boyfriends parents find out about this, i have put up different post regarding undisolved dispute but now think f & F settlment might be the way if they accept - i might be able to get a loan friends/ family £1200 ish do you think they may accept this? also am i allowed to do a f & f for just one debt since i am keeping up the repayments with all the others fine?

Thanks in advance

I its been three years and you have not paid them anything and had no contact with them whatsoever why not give it another three years and it will become staute barred, meaning that by law they are not allowed to chase you for this any more....

Hi thanks for the quick reply , i just keep thinking surely there will be a document somewhere that they will produce...... and i imagine they will get ccj if i do not respond in next few days...........i really am annoyed, i would feel so much more at ease to fight these dca's if it were not for living in someone elses house - THAT is where my real stress is coming from - them finding out

Getting a CCJ is not as easy as the DCA's make it sound..... you mentioed you live with your partner, to my understanding, unless you are one of the owners of the property, then yes their is some risk of charges being placed onto the property etc, however, if you are not an owner then I dnt think you have too much to worry about, and as long as you partner does'nt open your mail there's no way of them finding out and in my experience I have never ever had a bailiff or debt collcector at my doorstep (Have been in debt for approx 3 years now) most of the time it's just empty threats....... That's my personal opinion, but hopefully someone more experieinced will come along with some advice....

i think t was £2500 , though i knew there would be interest from oc if i had paid as normal.......though how does it get calculated if you default? can they bung on as much as they want?