You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

robroy1974

Housing Benefit registration problem,please help!!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I claim Jobseeker`s Allowance for 5 months and I try to claim some support Housing Benefit and Council Tax but I have problem with finishing my application form for a H. Benefit because I rent flat with my girlfriend (we are not married) She is from EU country and she has flat abroad and H. Benefit Office wants value of this property to finish registration process. (She had that property before we met) Is this right? I am the person who needs help from City Council not my partner because she work and she is got income. Getting the value of this property is so complicated and cost lots of money in her country (travel costs ect...).Anyone has idea how to avoid this problem?

Thanks Rob

you can't you will be assessed as a couple and need to declare any assets you both have.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

She is a owner not me and she have no benefits from this property(her parents live in this flat)

yes but she is your partner so any monies she has coming in is classed as both of yours.

she will have to supply the value of the property

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

The property value is more like 16000£ :-/

Doesn't make a jot of difference. It has to be included in the assessment. There is no way around it. If you fail to provide the information the local authority request your claim for housing benefit will fail.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Next time I will forget about important things...Cheers

Yes, and likely be prosecuted for fraud as a result. It's not worth it, mate. Just look around the forums at how many people who have been caught out.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

How somebody can check who own property abroad if this person is non UK citizen just resident?Sic

Quite easily. It's very interesting the things benefit sections can find out. Fraud sections obviously have far more powers in what information they can obtain. Too many people have the mentality that they simply won't declare it and the benefit section will never know. IT doesn'tquite work like that. They might not at the beginning but the longer a claim goes on without something declared, the higher the penalty for the claimant when they do discover fraud.