You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please help, I am moving into rented accommodation and am almost certain to go bankrupt in the next few months. The Tenancy agreement stipulates a forfeiture if the tenant becomes bankrupt I love the house and have suffered so much trauma already... what can I do?

Any advice would be appreciated please.

You could tell the landlord the truth and point out that with no debt you will be able to afford the rent a lot easier. If they stick to their guns about no bankrupts then you cannot live there...Sorry

I agree with the previous poster. Most bankruptcy clauses are within tenancy agreements to chuck people out who have rent arrears. If you're up-to-date with the rent then you may be able to stay put. Be upfront with the landlord, you never know :)

You could even offer, if you have the means, a few months up front rent as guarantee/deposit

You could even offer, if you have the means, a few months up front rent as guarantee/deposit

good idea, that.

Hi,

we were in the same situation last year, moved into a rent house we put down 4 months rent upfront and when i filed for BR i went into the letting agents office who was at first very unhappy but as long as you pay the rent they should be fine, i agree try to pay a few months upfront it helps.

we after 6 mths following the BR we are still in the house and the agents are ok, as long as you stick to paying the rent on time.