Claiming charges beyond six year limit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Excellent thread thanks Tilly.....will be studying this for a few days before sending of my claim under hardship....!!

Under financial hardship you can only claim back to charges applied from 27th July 2001 under the FSA Waiver. No such hardship rules apply to court cases and no court cases will not be continued on(so it will be stayed) whether you are or are not in financial hardship

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Ok, 2001 will also cover my charges as I do not have any charges beyond this... But I'm a little confused as to what you mean...do you mean to say that if I claim beyond the 6 years this will HAVE to go to court, therefore, it will be stayed? Or can I claim this under Financial Hardship beyond 6 years without it getting to court?

Ok, 2001 will also cover my charges as I do not have any charges beyond this... But I'm a little confused as to what you mean...do you mean to say that if I claim beyond the 6 years this will HAVE to go to court, therefore, it will be stayed? Or can I claim this under Financial Hardship beyond 6 years without it getting to court?

The site recommends claims for every charge since the account was opened. Under financial hardship rules the bank does not have to consider claims and/or charges that are outside of the stay period(ie 27th July 2001 to present day). However you can proceed with the claim for all charges in their totality with a county court claim which will be stayed. Hopes that clarifies the post.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Ok, sorry for sounding dumb here, but basically your saying that yes I can claim between 27 July 2001 and now under Financial Hardship without court involvement, however if I wish to claim beyond this limit, it will have to go via county court and will be stayed...?

yes and No. You can claim the lot from the bank however if you are going down the Financial hardship claim route they will not consider charges prior to July 2001.

Apologies if I am tying you in knots.......(sometimes clarifying things are more difficult than you first imagine)