Natwest Under 18 Charges

TheGarner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Your PayPal Bank Funding payment cannot be completed because your bank informed us that there are insufficient funds in your account to cover the amount.

As a result, your Bank Funding payment has been reversed and your PayPal account now has a negative balance

We recommend that you increase your account balance so you can continue using your PayPal account. If you use a credit card to fund your next PayPal payment, the payment amount will increase to cover the negative balance in your PayPal account.

Basically my question is. When Natwest charges me (which they will most likely do, I'm not sure when they do?) Are they allowed? Im on a Natwest Adapt account and Im aged 16. Are they allowed to charge me? They have charged me before and silly me paid them. But after a few google searches it seems its actually illegal for them to do so? Could someone help me out. I think they will charge me again soon.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Hello,

Basically my question is. When Natwest charges me (which they will most likely do, I'm not sure when they do?) Are they allowed? Im on a Natwest Adapt account and Im aged 16. Are they allowed to charge me? They have charged me before and silly me paid them. But after a few google searches it seems its actually illegal for them to do so? Could someone help me out. I think they will charge me again soon.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND

The terms and conditions of the natwest adapt account state "Standing Orders and Direct Debits are not permitted on the account"

REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND

>>> If it is your paypal account, don't you have to be 18 years old to have an account?

Am also known as NatWestStaffMember on internet based forums ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND

The terms and conditions of the natwest adapt account state "Standing Orders and Direct Debits are not permitted on the account"

REFUND REFUND REFUND REFUND

>>> If it is your paypal account, don't you have to be 18 years old to have an account?

Am also known as NatWestStaffMember on internet based forums ;)

Nice post. Haha, yeah you do have to be over 18 to have a PayPal account. But I think nearly everyone my age or below bypasses that? Would that affect me?

Nice post. Haha, yeah you do have to be over 18 to have a PayPal account. But I think nearly everyone my age or below bypasses that? Would that affect me?

Nope, but how can you be charged for a paypal direct debit that is not permitted on your account. The bank have allowed this to be permitted by clearly not monitoring your account. Therefore, refund of ALL charges(however it does mean cancellation of Paypal DD).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Nope, but how can you be charged for a paypal direct debit that is not permitted on your account. The bank have allowed this to be permitted by clearly not monitoring your account. Therefore, refund of ALL charges(however it does mean cancellation of Paypal DD).

It's basically ebay. I sold a few times and the account charges for listing etc. Was due to be paid but I didn't have the money in my account. Its taken like so many days for this email to come. So they still shouldn't charge me? They haven't yet. Hopefully I can get it paid off very soon. Another thing when you get charged does it show on the internet banking thing? Not had any letters yet.

They shouldn't charge you cos you have an adapt account and whether the DD went through or otherwise, the bank have mismanaged your account allowing you something which they clearly state is not permitted on the account. Why permit something that isn't allowed?

Furthermore, if it takes the account into minus figures then they are giving credit to someone under 18 which is against the Consumer Credit Act....they are stuffed in all honesty.

They shouldn't charge you cos you have an adapt account and whether the DD went through or otherwise, the bank have mismanaged your account allowing you something which they clearly state is not permitted on the account. Why permit something that isn't allowed?

Furthermore, if it takes the account into minus figures then they are giving credit to someone under 18 which is against the Consumer Credit Act....they are stuffed in all honesty.

Fair enough. Thanks a lot for your help :D

Edit:These charges, would they affect my credit rating in the future? As they charged me in the past and I paid it without knowing about this stuff.

Edited by TheGarner

Fair enough. Thanks a lot for your help :D

Edit:These charges, would they affect my credit rating in the future? As they charged me in the past and I paid it without knowing about this stuff.

You're not 18 years old so it isn't really that important at the moment.

And to further clarify, I have a 100% record on refunds and under 18's with NatWest(just had another success on another forum today, lovely jubbly!!!). I have NEVER lost a case where I have advised.