• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Creation/Irwin 1a small claim Summons old BOS then GE Money Joint Loan *WON*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How on earth can they do this. I have already paid Rob Way for the CCA which they never provided

Robbers way living up the their name again.

Don't forget to write to them demanding they return you £1 CCA fee and don't forget to add about £25 or so in admin/collction fees.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Everyone a wee update on this thread

sent Lewis the above letter (Idas post #9)

then received another letter with another copy of a GE Money CCA but not the one pertaining to this account

they are adamant that they have sent me a correct copy and are now threaten court action which would be horrendous just now due to my husband state of health.

Can anybody out there advise me

(The CCA they keep on sending is a store card account which belongs to me)

The CCA that we are requesting is in both mine and hubbys name for a personal loan we took out with originally Bank of Scotland then was passed to GE Money (dont know why as this was being paid at the time)

now because we couldnt pay GE money the balance it has been sent to firstly Rob Way now Lewis.

Sorry if this sounds a bit mixed up I am beginning to panic now and trying to cope with hubbys illness also.

pressure is eating away at me.

Cheers

afw

Hi afw,

normally would advise to send acc in dipute for failing but due to your circumstances i think you want to let them know to stall them.

Dear Lewis twits,

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx which was in response to my Consumer Credit Act request dated xx/xx/xx.

Please note that the agreement you have sent in response in to my request was for a store card account no 123456789. My Consumer Credit Act request was for an alleged loan from the Bank of Scotlad reference number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

My request still stands and as you have failed to supply any alleged agreement for ref xxxxxxxxxxx this same account is in DISPUTE and will remain so until my original request is fulfilled.

Now fook off and gee me peace

AFW

obviously edit to suit and spell check as i have hangover!

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Ta Ida

I shall get this letter sent tomorrowand hopefully this time they will FOOK OFF AND GEE MA HEED PEACE as just now it doesn't know if its coming or going.

Many thanks for your help it is gatefully appreciated not sure where I would have been with out yourself and a few other caggers.

Is it not about time they had you on the site team.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND TAKE CARE

AFW

no probs afw,

unfrtunalety these siutaions just tend to end upin a game of ping pong with letters but at least if you make them aware of their error you may get somewhere :D

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Hi

Are you ready for this saga...

April 2003 took out a personal loan with 1st National they transfered loan to GE Money at some point.

May 2007 we got into financial difficulty and couldnt keep up payments this was sold to LINK FINANCIAL who pestered me for payments a while back never heard a peep until this week again.

They are the pits, rude, and very bad mouthed (they can reduce me to tears so easily) anyway there is a balance on this account that they want paid about £1000 however we have just realised that we do have a copy of the original agreement and we took PPI Insurance out on this loan, also we have not CCA'd them.

However not sure who to claim PPI off as dont think 1st National is still going can anybody guide as where I would send a claim for PPI Insurance.

Cheers

AFW

If you are going to deal with them on the phone, then record your calls

Make a FULL SAR; any and all historical data that relates to the account.

You will have to specifically request the information that relates to the PPI;

Original PPI Policy;

PPI Terms;

data relating to all payments made.

I would not advise anyone to speak to Link on the telephone, keep everything to the written word.

AC

Is it not about time they had you on the site team.

AFW

did you know something i didn't :eek:

idax

Congratulations Ida nothing more than you deserve with all the help you give on here.

SPOOKY or what.....thats the 2nd thing thats happened to me in the past week or so ....saying something to someone then it happening and its very strange because I have just statred to read Archibald A. Lwarie (he's from Fife, writes about all the spooky and paranormal stuff with medium Frances Ryan from Edinburgh) book a few weeks ago(takes meages as I cant concentrate when worried and uptight).

WIl lwatch your progress shine.

Good Luck

AFW

cheers :D

please tell me that i am getting a bigger house and a new car and win a substantial sum on the lottery

Ida x

Good morning Ida (Site Team) sounds good.

I can tell you, your going to get a bigger hoose, new car and a win on the lottery because you deserve it.

However can't promise you anything can only wish you goodl uck.

Anyway more probs have appearded....to start from begining

2004 - Took out personal loan with Bank of Scotland 2004.

2005 -Transferred to GE Money (don't know why as was okay then) was paying GE Money monthly payments as no financial probs at the time.

Feb. 2007 - Started to have finacial probs, couldn't keep up payments to GE Money debt assigned to CL Finance.

Jan.08 - Transferred to Robinson Way (Paid them for months) then found this site.

May 2009 -CCA'd Robinson Way they couldn't produce the CCA.

Then Lewis Twits came on the scene demanding that we have received CCA from them,I have advised Lewis Twits (with Ida's letter in post #12 YES!!! we have received 3 different CCA from them but they are for GE Capital Store cards for me but not for the personal loan originally with BoS (cant get this through their thick skulls) for me and hubby.

Then yesterday received letter from a company named Howard Cohen Solicitors saying Court Action was being prepared. Want payment NOW.

Getting scared now and advice on next step greatly appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

Hi pompeyfaith

Couldn't get the time to start new thread any sooner for PPI on a loan we had with First National Bank who transferred the loan to GE Money,had to try and dig out all the paperwork.

Here'sthe details:

April 2003 - Took out loan with First National Bank Ltd.

Oct 2003 - Transferred to GE Money. (WHo I think was part of 1st Nat.)

Paid loan until May 07 when we started to have financial difficulties.

May 2007 - Started to have financial difficulties couldn'tpay GE Money

Nov 2007 - Assigned to link Financial.

I have posted up a copy of the original agreement this agreement commenced with payments May 2003 for 60 months we paid until May 2007 then made a few minor payments to Linkfor abount £100.

Copy of agreement

Edited by 24233513afw

Hiya AFW,

Right every think is there for me to work this one out for you except the date loan taken out and date of first payment can you supply these please i will look back in tomorrow and do a spreadsheet of PPI payments and interest for you.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi PF

Many thanks PF you have a heart of gold I wish I could do these calculations myself because I hate to trouble you isit not about time they madeyou a Site Team Member on here you are worth your weight in gold.

Your a Star...

ANyway down to answersfor the questionsyou asked Loan taking out 15th APril 2003, First payment made 15th May 2003.

Cheers PF Give my regards to your family

AFW

Right thanks for that ill get to work on it tomorrow for you, it is no problem at all lets just say it is something i enjoy doing as i dont work the stroke put a stop to that so this keeps me busy and out of the wifes hair lol ;)

Imagining the smiles of satisfaction on peoples faces when they get there just reward is more that enough for me :D

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Right thanks for that ill get to work on it tomorrow for you, it is no problem at all lets just say it is something i enjoy doing as i dont work the stroke put a stop to that so this keeps me busy and out of the wifes hair lol ;)

Imagining the smiles of satisfaction on peoples faces when they get there just reward is more that enough for me :D

Regards

PF

Many thank PF you sound a bit like my hubby unfortunately it was an accident with him and when he can he keeps out my hair too "Must be A Man Thing" lol....And yes you can imagine the smiles you help put on peoples faces when they have success. What would be even better is if you could see the faces of the money grabbers like the banks etc...having to part with their money for a change they didn't worry when they were sending out demanding threats a what not to people having people suicidal at times with worry.

I don't think you realise how much your help means to people like myself I can assure you if it wasn't for yourself and a fewothers on here I hate to think what the outcome in our house would be just now.

From the bottom of hearts a big thank you comes your way and if by any chance I could provide you with photos of the financial institutions faces when they have to pay up I would glady do it.

Cheers

for now

AFW

aww and lol thank u afw oh and check out livingdeadguy's threads as its another one won its all about DONT GET MAD GET EVEN

Hiya AFW,

I got time on my hands so doing this for you now.

PF

G'Morning PF

Hope everything is okay with you and your family as I hadn't heard from you regarding the PPI calculations don't think I am trying to hurry you as I know you do a lot of other good work for other people.

I have read a few good threads on here the one you leaded me to livingdeadmans and a few others. There is one on here regarding Link and it is a cracker not sure how to put a link (excuse the pun)to it but hopefully once they get the letters into the courts complaining about Link hopefully something will be done.

Also found the pets forum love your collie 'Ella' also her name. When I was a lot yonger (wee girl along time ago) my parents had collies so intelligent realise what your thinking before you even say it. Now we have a Doberman rescue 'Phoebe' she is absolutely georgous(even although I say it myself) she is 5 years old I have been trying to put an aviator photo of her(if thats what its called but not sure how to do it). THEY GIVE YOU SO MUCH UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND THEY EVEN KNOW WHEN ITS NEEDED MOST.

Cheers for now

AFW

Good Morning PF

I hope you are feeling better today.Many thanks for your kind help in calculating my PPI when I looked at the spreadsheet my mind was a total blur last night had timetodelve over it this morning I didn't realise it would come to so much.Now we know how the banks were making their huge fat profits.

I am now goingto send my letter to them requesting payment however this is a bit of a puzzle as we originally took the loan out with 1st National (Not sure if they are still going) they transferred it to GE Money...Why we do not know.

so am I right in thinking we would send letter to First National asI dont have an address for them at present time only the address for when we took the loan out in 2003. Would you send this to their old address.

I wish they financial companies would stay in the one place and stop transferring people about as though we are piece of rubbish.

ONCE AGAIN PF MANY MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. HOPE YU ARE FEELING BETTER SOON.

Cheers

AFW

Hiya you can do a company search here:

WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information

It looks like 1st national have folded so you will have to take it up with G.E.Money as they would now hold account info.

I will be back this evening with the address for G.E MONEY.

Regards

PF

I am now feeling a little better although my chest is very tight, but I have antibiotics for that.