You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I've read through the claim. The defence is in a document format – and I presume that you have simply typed it out. However it is a block of text and it is too difficult to read properly. Please will you post the defence again but this time properly spaced and punctuated in a way that you would like to see if it was presented to you. I have to say that your claim form has run to 9 pages – and pretty well all of it unnecessary. The one most important element which seems to be missing – is that you have asserted your right to reject the vehicle. This is almost all you need to plead in the claim form. You say that you have asserted your right to reject. Please will you post a scanned copy of that. If you don't have access to a scanner then for £49 you can get an excellent run from PC World which will last you for years. We give very good help and advice and support here free of charge – but I think it's reasonable for people to have at least the minimum equipment needed to use this kind of setting. A claim form is simply used to state your course of action – and not to provide all the evidence and advance information about your case. Your claim should simply have been Please will you post the letter of rejection. And yes, it wasn't a good idea to pay by bank transfer
    • There you go then, you are being blackmailed. Just checked the wording of the template corporate response you received. Did you notice this? (bolding mine)     You're not choosing to cancel. The choice has been made for you. The problem here is that your OTA is refusing to admit that your holiday is being cancelled, until the very last minute and trying to force your hand into choosing to cancel it.   No matter what you do do not cancel it yourself, and lose your deposit. The way I see it you have 2 options: 1) Pay the £1800 and wait for them to cancel your holiday, then get the refund you are entitled to. Please only do this if you can afford it. 2) Don't pay the balance, but don't cancel. Try and negotiate further with them so they can't claim that you chose to cancel. Show them the evidence you shown us that your holiday is already cancelled, and demand they provide evidence that your holiday is going ahead. Send them a letter of intent, take them to small claims court if they refuse to refund your deposit.    People on this forum other than me should be able to help with step 2)
    • Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be long later to advise you.   I've had to remove your attachment because you haven't covered up your name, address and the vehicle reg number. Perhaps you can anonymise that and repost it.   The letter mentions Debt Recovery Plus who can only ever issue threats on behalf of  not so Smart Parking. I don't think you have anything to worry about apart from seeing a series of threatograms.   Best, HB
    • This is the email I received from the hotel group, confirming they are closed in 2020   From: puntaprimaplaya@comitashotels.com <puntaprimaplaya@comitashotels.com> Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:02:46 AM To: ' Subject: RE: Booking with Jet2   Good Morning XXXXXXXX, Thank you for your email. the isla del aire apartments in 2020 are not going to open. we wait for you in 2021!!!! Kind regards, begoña
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
travix

CAP.1 & CSL DCA CAP.CRAP. and MORE

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Cap1 have now passed credit card account to Credit Solutions Ltd (CSL) who are phoning constantly. I have refused to go through security questions with them....explaining I will only communicate in writing to them. They are getting very very frustrated....i am polite and its killing them. They say they have sent me three letters already....ive only received one on Friday to which i replied to on Monday. I have already registered complaint with FOS but they say have backlog and will deal with it asap. Have heard though that FOS are deeming CAP1 to have complied with CCA if sent copy of current T&Cs.

Should I be pro-active and go for CPR 31.16 or just defend if/when they take me to court? What is best route to take?

Can they just CCJ me...is this when I send in my defence paperwork etc?

I am such a novice at this but am willing to listen and learn to anyone who can assist.

PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

Thanks

Travix

x

CAPITAL ONE and DCA ??????????????

Any court action is a long way off yet & besides Crap1 have to provide an enforceable CCA first. Even if it was to go that far you would have plenty of time to submit a defence, and it is very doubtful that it would be Crap1 anyway...they tend to sell debts on to a DCA. Honestly don't worry about that yet, in any case you'll get all the help and advice you need on here. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi Cerberusalert,

The DCA have already contacted me....it is Credit Solutions Limited (CSL). They are the ones who keep calling me time and time again. They say they have written to me 3 times but i have only ever received 1 letter from them on Friday.....i replied to this on Monday so they should certainly have received it by now. I stated a few legal Acts and suggested they return the debt to Cap1 because it is now seriously in dispute.

Thanks for your support....made me feel better knowing im not alone in my fight against Cap1 / CSL and the dreaded Ellie Renshaw!!!

Have Crap1 sent you a Default Notice, Notice of Termination & Notice of Assignment?

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Default notice...yes

Notice of Termination & Notice of Assignment...not sure, will check if they have but do not recall seeing these things.

If they haven't done this, have they messed up? lol

Can you scan the default notice, remove personal details & post it up? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am at work at the moment and do not have any paperwork with me. I will check my files tonight and scan things found tomorrow.

Thank you ;)